E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > UK

UK
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Find other members from your area in the E46Fanatics Garage HERE

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
Doormandean

My Ride: E46 330Ci Sport
Where's the noise ???

Hi people!

I've had a good trawl through this site, and think it's very helpful and informative - so wanted to say hello!

There is one issue that I'm buggered with though so any help would be great!

I've just bought a 330Ci Sport and love it, it's on an 01 and is marvellous. But, just after I bought it the sound would go off on the stereo - everything still working visually just no noise, so turn off the system then on again and it was fine until it did it again - with no real obvious reason why. Anyway, the other day it went off and that was that, now quiet as a doormouse. The TV, SAT Nav and radio/CD functions still appear to work on the screen just now't coming out of the speakers! I think I have the business setup as no alpine marks on it.

A mate told me that the E46's had amp issues, but, I'm working down in south Wales at the moment, and rang the local BM dealer who said that they couldn't say it was a regular problem or not and would charge me 60-odd quid to just try and diagnose the problem! As I'm not looking to have my pants down on it I thought I'd ask you guys for your knowledge and experience. I need some music - the journey home is 6 hours and it'll do my box in if I don't have music! LOL

Also as an aside, to replace the 2 din system is it best to go for the 7inch 16: system that i've seen on ebay, or an aftermarket sat nav/cd/dvd etc? and any suggestions on which ones?

Cheers guys, really appreciate any help!!!

Dean
Doormandean is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Doormandean

My Ride: E46 330Ci Sport
bump
Doormandean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, satnav, sound system, stereo