E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #461
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW320Cd M View Post
I have ordered a set of Orion V2 angel eyes on the site, since someone I know here in Belgium has fitted a set and he is very glad he went with Umnitza (price, quality and really fast delivery).
I have recently replaced my foglights with clearglass items, but I want the bulbs to have a really white colour. Can you also help me with this?
email us if you can - we'll try to get you the best details. Since this is a thread on angel eyes
Old 02-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #462
easyIsle

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Some more pictures of aurora on a 2003 M3:

Here are some short videos of the kit in action showing the remote feature:

All orders have already shipped, we should be seeing some more action in this thread very soon.

Dude, which is it? aRe auroras LED or CCFL? The video itself says LED, but its named "CCFL". I am so confused after watching those videos
easyIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #463
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyIsle View Post
Dude, which is it? aRe auroras LED or CCFL? The video itself says LED, but its named "CCFL". I am so confused after watching those videos
Aurora is definitely LED, 60 of them to give a pure white uniform light.

No gaps, no magnified lenses or flashy colors.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #464
van

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to van
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
yes, they will.
Ordered
Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #465
umnitza

shipped.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #466
kpd1999

My Ride: Begins with an ///M
After much debate I just ordered the V2's(and a pair of Predator Xenix HyperMatch bulbs for my fogs). I'm looking forward to seeing them in person!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #467
van

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
shipped.

K thx!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #468
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Umnitza Orion V2

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #469
Matt Q

My Ride: Jezebel
Nice pics dude... good to see the lights in proper daylight... mmmm.. guess I need to wait for my Chromiums to die.. seems the right next step to the Orion's

M3. ONLY BETTER
Matt Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #470
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Q View Post
Nice pics dude... good to see the lights in proper daylight... mmmm.. guess I need to wait for my Chromiums to die.. seems the right next step to the Orion's
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #471
umnitza

Old 02-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #472
van

I would post a pic of mine, but it looks like a one eyed pirate right now LOL
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #473
kpd1999

My Ride: Begins with an ///M
I ordered my V2's on Thursday, got them on Saturday(I was really surprised the made them across the country in 2 days!), and put them in on Sunday. The are great. Easy install. Great fit and finish. Great Product!!!! I am impressed. I highly recommend Umnitza!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #474
knsaber

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Predator Orions

Predator Orion | AC Style Deck + Roof Spoiler | K&N 57-Series CAI | UUC StrutBarbarian | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Enkei EKM3 18x8 | Philips 6000K HID Fogs | LED Tail Lights

2007 Z4 M Roadster Imola Red

knsaber.com
knsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #475
van

Thank you Umnitza!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #476
i_ween

My Ride: '02 330Ci Vert
i_ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #477
BMW320Cd M

My Ride: BMW 320Cd
Ordered

Genuine BBS LMs hochglanzverdichtet - Genuine AC Schnitzer Typ I Rennsportfelgen - KW Variante 3 - H&R sway bars - OEM M3 mirrors - AC Schnitzer carbon fibre interior - AC Schnitzer gearknob, footrest, pedals - Custom engine management remap - Umnitza Angel Eyes

My E46 Coupe
BMW320Cd M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #478
umnitza

Shipped
Old 03-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #479
easyIsle

My Ride: 02 330i
I know this is a picture thread .. but Im guessing many people are coming here to research purchase. So let me tell you ... I also ordered recently. Shipped super fast!! I was gonna wait until the week after to install them but I got them by week end and had them up and running in 2 hours on friday.

I have a few negative things to say. Before I do .. dont get me wrong. I am absolutely happy with my purchase. But as you know, nothing is perfect:

1- no instructions included in the box. Not even a "go to this web address for instructions"!! no problem really, bc the instructions you can find on this forum or even better than umnitza's. I referred to both during install

2- the rings do not clear the beauty trim inside my 02 sedan facelift's headlight. In the instructions it says "its fine to leave the trim loose (not snapping it in)" but that doesnt sound like a plug and play installation to me ... and even when I tried that .. it still didnt clear the beauty trim. I had to cut off a small bit of the trim in the upper outside corner so they didn't interfer with the adaptive headlights. I would not tolerate any rubbing

3- I kinda hoped they woudl sit more flush against the headlight (it doesnt stand up 100% vertically like it should.. they are all very slightly angled out) but thats only noticeable when the headlight is still apart. So no big deal.

4- The power spliter devices are not sealed from the weather! Nor are any of the wires coming off the circuit board reinforced to protect against pulling or corrosion. Its apparent there are tiny heatsinks on this board .. but I would have liked to see it be weather proof. This is a serious weakness over the long term, espcially in teh engine bay.

Besides these points , the install went super-smoothly.

I would post my photos but they absolutely came out horrible. Its very hard to capture the effect in a photo. And it definitely varies whether its dark or light on, if your headlights or DRLs are on/off. So, you really do have ot see it in person to understand how they look. And that would be, "awesome"
easyIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #480
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyIsle View Post
I know this is a picture thread .. but Im guessing many people are coming here to research purchase. So let me tell you ... I also ordered recently. Shipped super fast!! I was gonna wait until the week after to install them but I got them by week end and had them up and running in 2 hours on friday.

That's good

1- no instructions included in the box. Not even a "go to this web address for instructions"!! no problem really, bc the instructions you can find on this forum or even better than umnitza's. I referred to both during install

We've been discussing this recently, didn't want to kill more trees with it, but point well made/taken.

2- the rings do not clear the beauty trim inside my 02 sedan facelift's headlight. In the instructions it says "its fine to leave the trim loose (not snapping it in)" but that doesnt sound like a plug and play installation to me ... and even when I tried that .. it still didnt clear the beauty trim. I had to cut off a small bit of the trim in the upper outside corner so they didn't interfer with the adaptive headlights. I would not tolerate any rubbing

Hmmm, this is weird, all the cars we've installed here don't have this issue. Perhaps it's an issue with the lights or how the beauty trim is. Lots of variations. The "leave trim loose" is actually for the mycarr based clips. If you aren't afraid of breaking our clips (which you can't really do) then try pushing them in ALL the way as far as they go.

3- I kinda hoped they woudl sit more flush against the headlight (it doesnt stand up 100% vertically like it should.. they are all very slightly angled out) but thats only noticeable when the headlight is still apart. So no big deal.

This should be remedied (if you want to check it out again) by pushing the ring all the way in off the clips, they will angel straight up and down.

4- The power spliter devices are not sealed from the weather! Nor are any of the wires coming off the circuit board reinforced to protect against pulling or corrosion. Its apparent there are tiny heatsinks on this board .. but I would have liked to see it be weather proof. This is a serious weakness over the long term, espcially in teh engine bay.

Good point. We've been trying to figure out a better way. Given how small they are, we have been mounting them inside the headlights and letting the wires only peak through. Give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

Besides these points , the install went super-smoothly.

I would post my photos but they absolutely came out horrible. Its very hard to capture the effect in a photo. And it definitely varies whether its dark or light on, if your headlights or DRLs are on/off. So, you really do have ot see it in person to understand how they look. And that would be, "awesome"
Yep, try taking them during the day. They will come out a lot better.

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated