E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
LSUKNUT

My Ride: 330i
Gun Fanatics

Glen Beck is getting ready to drop the hammer (Today's show) on the backdoor dealings going on in regards to the 2nd amendment. Plans are already in the works in Washington.

Jes' Sayin'.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
LSUKNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Explain the "backdoor dealings" a bit further. I don't know that I'm up to date on everything.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Glenn Beck... the guy who is always reminding his viewers he was an alcoholic?
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
LSUKNUT

Quote:
Explain the "backdoor dealings" a bit further. I don't know that I'm up to date on everything.
I'll pass on the info once I hear it.

Quote:
Pssssssst, 95% of Washingtons politicians are active alcoholics......But don't let that get out OK? At least GB is a recovering alcoholic.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
I'm assuming the fear of greater gun rights restrictions?

Well then, rest of Amerca, Welcome to California style gun rights, something I know all too well.

That being said, I do 5 guns, AR-15 rifle, and two shotguns with these restricted rules you all may have to face one day. Sure I wait 10 days for a gun, limited to 10 rounds, etc., but it hasn't stopped me from owning almost anything I wanted.

If these new rules are even more strict than what California has, then it could be a problem.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
Allure
Banned

Why do you need 5 guns man?
Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
Allure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_3 View Post
It's just a question.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
LSUKNUT

Quote:
#1 - Because as Americans we have the right to own as many as we want.

#2 - This world is full of collectors.

#3 - Hunter's usually have quite a few.

#4 - You can never have enough.

Just a few....

Old 02-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
SD 328I

Quote:
I don't need. I don't even keep live ammo in the house.

I have a 1911 Pistol similar to what I had in the ARMY, for sentimental reasons. I have couple of higher end HK and Sig Sauer pistols because I wanted a couple of quality pieces and different calibers for range shooting. My wife is German, and her father works for HK, which is another reason why we have one.

I also have a pair of Glocks as regular range guns for me and my wife.

What eventually happens when you own a firearm, is that you want more. You want different styles, higher end models, interesting models, etc. Just like any hobby. I don't carry all of them around my waistband ready for a shootout.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
It's just a question.
I know

I have 3 working on the fourth. For me its like a hobby. Now i know i dont need alot of them to protect myself but its nice to go to the range and have variety. Plus once you get one or two you just want more lol and of course its my right.

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
You mean "why do you ONLY need 5 guns man?"

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
SD 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
You mean "why do you ONLY need 5 guns man?"
Exactly. It started with my first range gun, a Glock 17 9mm, and it just grew from there. But in California, you can only buy 1 handgun per month, except for long guns/rifles, you can buy as many as you want.

I saw a nice Russian rifle used in WWII, a Mosin Nagant getting ready to add to my growing collection.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
LSUKNUT

H.R. 45 is the proposal, in order to keep your 2nd amendment rights you will give up your 4th amendment rights. Home invasions, fingerprinting, turning in health records & photographing of your inventory. An Illinois Senator is introducing the bill.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

LSUKNUT, I just read the proposed Bill and I think you're over reacting. The main provisions include:

Quote:
Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
LSUKNUT

H.R. 45 is also known as the Blair Holt bill. Keep in mind hand guns are illegal in Chicago. These are the same politicians who passed this law in Illinois. The bill will make fingerprinting to a Government data base mandatory.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
LSUKNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
LSUKNUT, I just read the proposed Bill and I think you're over reacting. The main provisions include:
I took the information straight from the mouth of the politician that GB was interviewing.

If I would have told you a year ago we were going to be "Trillions" of dollars in debt, a debt our children and grandchildren will be paying for, I'd bet $100 you'd tell me I was over reacting. If you've followed GB for any amount of time you'd see he has an incredible track record for being spot on.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #19
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUKNUT View Post
I took the information straight from the mouth of the politician that GB was interviewing.

If I would have told you a year ago we were going to be "Trillions" of dollars in debt, a debt our children and grandchildren will be paying for, I'd bet $100 you'd tell me I was over reacting. If you've followed GB for any amount of time you'd see he has an incredible track record for being spot on.
You're paraphrasing a TV interview. Don't you think it would be easier and more accurate to link us to the bill?

Additionally, the country was $9 trillion in debt a year ago, $5 trillion of which came under Bush. The idea of being another trillion or two in debt doesn't seem like a big deal given what transpired over the last 7 years.

Finally, I used to watch his show until I realized he was a one trick pony. It's a shame FOXNEWS didn't take Nacy Grace along with him.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
Allure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Why do you need 12 air bags?
I have one roll cage.