E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #21
LSUKNUT

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Don't you think it would be easier and more accurate to link us to the bill?
LMFAO! That would be kind of pointless considering the bill is basically written in pencil right now and they are obviously planning on adding to it.

One trick pony eh? I love how being blind is just such an American thing now a days. He reports on the things the mainstream media won't touch....like what was in the wonderful stimulus bill. Things we never would have heard of if it weren't for Fox news.

BTW - Do you not see any problems with the way the bill is written as is? As an American, I have serious issues with it as is.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
LSUKNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #22
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUKNUT View Post
BTW - Do you not see any problems with the way the bill is written as is? As an American, I have serious issues with it as is.
That would be kind of pointless considering the bill is basically written in pencil right now and they are obviously planning on adding to it.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #23
LSUKNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
That would be kind of pointless considering the bill is basically written in pencil right now and they are obviously planning on adding to it.
Touché my friend.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
Old 02-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
derek0606

My Ride: 01 330CI Orient
The cool down period will be back! DAMNIT! No ammunition, is this only for people without a CHL?
derek0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #25
je1ani

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUKNUT View Post
#1 - Because as Americans we have the right to own as many as we want.

#2 - This world is full of collectors.

#3 - Hunter's usually have quite a few.

#4 - You can never have enough.

Just a few....
rights don't constitute needs.
je1ani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #26
LSUKNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by je1ani View Post
No but rights help fufill wants wise guy.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #27
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
You obviously don't get it then. There is no need to justify the quantity, make, and/or model of something you are legally allowed to own.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #28
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
Why do you need 5 guns man?
To kill zombies of course!! Why do you care?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #29
CRZY BMW

My Ride: has wings & a prop
I waiting for my stimulus check from Obama so I can buy my AR upper and finish it off...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #30
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
^^

Is that an aborted fetus on the top left?
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #31
FlasHGordoN

My Ride: a car
shotguns above look nice
Old 02-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #32
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
I own a few guns for various different reasons. For one they look cool and are fun to mod. Another reason is they are fun to shoot at the range. I also use them for home defense. They are all different. Asking someone why they need 5 guns is like asking someone why they need 3 jackets. You don't really need anything, but food, water and air. You don't need a BMW or a Porsche. You don't need to have sex 3 times a week.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #33
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
Seems like a black rifle is one of the best investments you can make right about now. It's tough to see how they could go down in value.

Cash laying in savings isn't earning anything these days anyway...might as well "pulling the trigger" ....

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
Seems like a black rifle is one of the best investments you can make right about now. It's tough to see how they could go down in value.

Cash laying in savings isn't earning anything these days anyway...might as well "pulling the trigger" ....
Bingo. I've got a RRA AR 15 that should be arriving next month. I'm paying $850 which is dealer cost which was locked in just after the election. I'm betting I could get nearly twice that right away if I were to sell it immediately. The prospect of not being able to buy one in the future is worth more than that to me though.

** Removed **
Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #35
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
I waiting for my stimulus check from Obama so I can buy my AR upper and finish it off...
Why would you only buy the lower receiver and wait for the upper? Only reason I could think of is that you got in during a special deal?

I'm just being nosy and have been trying to figure it out since you posted that pic.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #36
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Do you know how much they are going for nowadays? A gun layaway plan would be nice
Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #37
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
Why would you only buy the lower receiver and wait for the upper? Only reason I could think of is that you got in during a special deal?

I'm just being nosy and have been trying to figure it out since you posted that pic.
Since they are a completely modular gun, you can essentially build the rifle exactly the way you want. It is pricey to build it all at once, so a lot of guys build it one (expensive) piece at a time and end up with a very nice rifle which many times could not have been built if you pay for it all at once.

** Removed **
Old 02-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #38
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post

People are affraid of law makers bringing back the assult weapons ban. When you purchase the lower receiver you are basically purchasing the 'gun'. Also, lower receivers are going up in price quick because of this. Buying one now, ensures you have one for a moderate price. You can build your rifle later with no problem. I am currently building an AR. I have a Spikes lower, RRA lower parts kit, and an m4 tactical stock so far. I am probably going to go with a Noveske 14.5 inch Vis upper. They are on backorder right ow though. It's better to build an AR imo, so you can have it exactly how you want it.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #39
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Since they are a completely modular gun, you can essentially build the rifle exactly the way you want. It is pricey to build it all at once, so a lot of guys build it one (expensive) piece at a time and end up with a very nice rifle which many times could not have been built if you pay for it all at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
People are affraid of law makers bringing back the assult weapons ban. When you purchase the lower receiver you are basically purchasing the 'gun'. Also, lower receivers are going up in price quick because of this. Buying one now, ensures you have one for a moderate price. You can build your rifle later with no problem. I am currently building an AR. I have a Spikes lower, RRA lower parts kit, and an m4 tactical stock so far. I am probably going to go with a Noveske 14.5 inch Vis upper. They are on backorder right ow though. It's better to build an AR imo, so you can have it exactly how you want it.
Thanks guys. I get what you're saying.

Purchase the lower receiver then no matter what regulations (i.e. exchangeable magazines) you'll be covered. Makes sense since the upper receiver's mostly just the barrel, but then again if some rule pops up about attachments to the rail or something you'd be screwed then too.

Not to threadjack too much, but when you purchase the upper receiver does it come with the bolt carrier group or is that a separate item you buy as well?

Last edited by russ330; 02-16-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: dyslexic
russ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #40
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
Hey Russ See this link..This is the lower aka Gun as it is stamped serial number and requires an FFL. This is all you get when you purchase a lower. Then you buy the kit.
http://www.ar15-kits.com/roggioar15lower1.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post

Is that a Ranger 12 gauge at the top?
----------------------------------------
FYI for non gun guys.

There are laws in some states which require a specific gun be used or not used when hunting game.

You cannot use an Ar-15 in some states to hunt deer/elk because A. They feel it isn't powerful enough to bring the deer or elk down B. Ammo capacity. I read this a while back...so don't ask me to post the link I lost it

So 22 for squirels.
Shotgun for birds and rabbits.
Big game rifle
Home defense
Conceal carry

So each size game requires a specific gun or else overkill or no kill.
-----------------------------------------------------
Why can't the gun law be state by state? Does he have any idea how many guns are down here? People still have their ancestors revolutionary and civil war weapons...luckily they are black powder and ATF exempt...but grandads M1 and Mauser fall under military ordinance since they have a bayonet lug
-----------------------------------------
I also saw one of our forum members say it was ridiculous for us to use guns to kill animals...that is the way it has always been...at least with the Europeans who figured out that with black powder gun>bow and arrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys I am legitimately concerned. I refuse to be fingerprinted or receive any tattoo or little electrode under the skin. I am not a crazy anti-government person. I love my country...and anyone who fights for it...but some of these proposals I have read scare me. I mean the stimulus package has me pretty tense. I see a lot of issues with it...it may work to a degree...but man...I just don't get some of it.
--------------------
I give Obama 2 years to get things organized or else the Republicans will just fight with the Democrats and nothing will get done. That is my most extreme negative prediction as a result of discussion with others. I hope it works out...

I wish you guys the best of luck during these tough times.

PS:Who reloads there own ammo?

Last edited by Ferm3; 02-16-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote