E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 2.89 average.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #521
1sick bimmer

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323 ci coup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmann32 View Post
First off let me know if you guys are meeting up this weekend. I would like to come see some of the stuff in the thread in person. Secondly has anyone here ever installed a vcsl or other csl rep bumper on an e46 m3?
i dont think it would be that hard to take the bumper of replace it with another bumper there are some diy on here for that . but do you know if it is lower than what you have now , is your car lowered . i would say it would have to be put on jack stands and taken off if your car is lowered . i am sure we can do let us know
1sick bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #522
pat

My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
First off let me know if you guys are meeting up this weekend. I would like to come see some of the stuff in the thread in person. Secondly has anyone here ever installed a vcsl or other csl rep bumper on an e46 m3?
I'd be up for a meet for sure.

Regarding the rep bumber, I don't have first hand experience with the M3 but I don't think it will be much different/hard to install on your car. Did you already buy the bumper or are you still looking?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #523
Bossmann32

My Ride: 04 E46 M3 AW/B
Im still looking. I would like to get the vorsteiner one. There are a bunch of DIYs out there. The 2 best options are to either glue it to the foam (kevlar bar 02+ models) or buy $450 worth of parts from the 01' M3's front end. Im not sure I really want to glue it inplace but for the extra $450 and hassle... The car is not lowered so it shouldnt be too big of a hassle to get it off/on.
Bossmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #524
1sick bimmer

Quote:
Im still looking. I would like to get the vorsteiner one. There are a bunch of DIYs out there. The 2 best options are to either glue it to the foam (kevlar bar 02+ models) or buy $450 worth of parts from the 01' M3's front end. Im not sure I really want to glue it inplace but for the extra $450 and hassle... The car is not lowered so it shouldnt be too big of a hassle to get it off/on.
to be honest with you i would buy the parts and do it right, just in case you decide to change your mind and go with something else you can always sell the parts with the after market bumper. if you do decide to glue it let me know i can get the glue you need to put it on .
Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #525
1sick bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
I'd be up for a meet for sure.

Regarding the rep bumber, I don't have first hand experience with the M3 but I don't think it will be much different/hard to install on your car. Did you already buy the bumper or are you still looking?
hey pat i will be installing my new wheel bearings on friday that darn tool cost 249.00 from bav i got new pads and rotors i will be puting on friday also . i am sure we can help him out to put on his new bumper when he gets it
Old 03-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #526
pat

Quote:
Have you read any testimonies from folks that had it glued? As long as the glue is strong enough, you should have no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick bimmer View Post
hey pat i will be installing my new wheel bearings on friday that darn tool cost 249.00 from bav i got new pads and rotors i will be puting on friday also . i am sure we can help him out to put on his new bumper when he gets it
That's cool. GL with that. Let me know if you need any help. It looks like it's getting warmer so I'll need your help getting the control arms and bushings installed. I still haven't found a shop that will press the powerflex bushing on to the housing...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #527
02white325xi

My Ride: 2005 X3
So where and when's the meet gonna be?
02white325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #528
pat

We haven't really singled out a place.... anyone have any ideas? Perhaps somewhere where there is something going on?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #529
1sick bimmer

Quote:
We haven't really singled out a place.... anyone have any ideas? Perhaps somewhere where there is something going on?
you guy s want to do south county , st.charles
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #530
02white325xi

I know the home show is goin on downtown.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #531
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiHStL View Post
Id be done for a meet most likely this weekend... Oh btw is it St. Patties day this weekend, or next, cause I think Im going to try and make it to Rolla for the festivities!
meet in Rolla!!!

I live here, a couple people could crash at my place if necessary... don't have a lot of space, but I have a loveseat and lots of floor
Old 03-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #532
pat

^^ What's going down in ROLLA? I'm up for the road trip as long as I'm not on my own.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #533
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
^^ What's going down in ROLLA? I'm up for the road trip as long as I'm not on my own.
St. Paddy's Day is starting. Apparently it's kind of a big deal.

There's always bars and strip clubs, too
Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #534
pat

Woah, that sounds good to me

Any other takers?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #535
NOVAbimmer

Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #536
02white325xi

Nah. I might be able to squeeze in something local, but I'd bow out on the roadtrip.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #537
NOVAbimmer

st louis is always an option, too if anybody wants to get together there. I'd rather not just hang out for an hour parking lot meet if I'm going all the way there, though
Old 03-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #538
1sick bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
st louis is always an option, too if anybody wants to get together there. I'd rather not just hang out for an hour parking lot meet if I'm going all the way there, though
well we can meet at hooter again in south county or wing stop in st.charles or
Old 03-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #539
1sick bimmer

hey st.louis fanatics i just bought the rear wheel bearing tool if you need to replace your bearings i will be willing to rent it out so let me know
Old 03-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #540
NOVAbimmer

I think every pregnant woman in Rolla just sat down next to me here at panera. Plus they're letting their kids run around, yelling and screaming, no control whatsoever.

I feel like starting a microwave on high and opening the door