E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
rukhgha

My Ride: BMW 1998 318i E46
love to try Seaform, how do i get it in the uk

Want to clean out my engine mainly because of rough idles and hesitations, i've got a e46 318i

I've seen seafoam and deep creep and it looks like the perfect product that i need to do all this, however there sell them in the US and can't find anyone selling it in the uk

Does anyone know a shop that could deliver abroad, or if someone has got some if they are willing to sell some, lol

will really appreciate any help from my American cousins
rukhgha is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Toad21

My Ride: 00' 328CI
Do they not have google in the UK?

http://www.amazon.com/MIDSTATES-INC-...7059129&sr=1-6
Old 03-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
seam foam isnt really all that....not worth the trouble...they are similar products out in the market that will give you the same results if not better.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Fooljam

My Ride: 5
I found one more or less equivalent at Halfords. It is called carbon cleaner.

Let the engine running and spray very little quantity into the air intake directly. Remove the intake box and spray directly into the pipe. Take it easy. One gentle quick spray at a time. Do it about 10 times with a 10-15 sec delay in between.
Also use a good injector cleaner in the tank directly. Use a full tank. Do it twice.

Then if not done recently, a few things like new filters, coils, sparks, oil change, MAF sensor cleaning...would probably help restoring some power and pleasure.

Once it is done check the car runs fine, if not get a diag and see if anything else might be broken.
Fooljam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
rukhgha

well i did type in seafoam in google and that amazon site didn't come up mainly because its not called seafoam in the title, and it looks like they don't deliver abroad but seaching for a companu on amazon which will
Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
MojoJoe

My Ride: leaks fluids
If you really have rough idle problems seafoam won't do much for rough idle and hesitations. You would be better off giving your idle control valve a clean and if that doesn't solve it look at VANOS next. The alu blocks don't really get hot enough for seafoam to do what it does.
MojoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
rukhgha

the car has been serviced, got new maf sensor, new idle control valve, new fuel filter, after all this its much better, however it does hesitate sometimes, so thought a good addictive such has seafoam will get rid of 11 years of dirt which may have built up inside. i know for sure the car hasn't been looked after by the past owners,