E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 152 votes, 4.63 average.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 AM   #10041
BearMW

My Ride: makes my ears bleed
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkayden View Post
I have 3 technically but only 2 are visable. One was a cover up job.
I plan to get a big piece on my arm, arm/chest, or back. Does it fade a lot over time and does it stretch when you work out?

edit: How quick is a GT-S? I didn't realize that you drove one until I saw your profile. I raced one on my way back to school earlier tonight and I'm not sure if he pushed it or it just couldn't hang at all. I'm not hating on GT-S in any form at all though.

-Thanks SL Blak Soldier for the sig.

Last edited by BearMW; 03-18-2009 at 02:59 AM.
BearMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #10042
darkayden

My Ride: Toyota Celica GT-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMW View Post
nope, but I plan on getting one and just wanted some personal experience on it. I'm not afraid of the pain like how everyone is telling, I just don't want my tattoo to stretch or fade when I go to the gym or the beach.
Where do you plan on getting your tattoo and what is it going to be? You may want to keep it out of the sunlight for the first year so fading won't happen immediately but eventually fading does occur but not for many years. Stretching does occur too but it depends on where the tattoo is.

As for pain it's different for all people. The first 2 tattoos I got were just outlines and with my high pain tolerance I didn't feel them at all. Actually with my 2nd tattoo, that was on the back of my neck, the artist actually put me to sleep with the noise of the tattoo gun and the vibrating sensation. But my 3rd tattoo was a different story. Once the outline was done and she started doing the shading and coloring it hurt like a *****! I had to stop 3/4 of the way through because my skin couldn't take it anymore and I had to come back 3 weeks later for the 2nd sitting.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #10043
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
M3 motor + tranny. I'm working out the logistics right now.
Yes!!! This will eventually be done to my car. Whenever the motor gives out.

Like Hieu I am keeping this thing forever so hopefully in 7-8 years I will have a real job and do it. This car will always be my baby.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 AM   #10044
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Yes!!! This will eventually be done to my car. Whenever the motor gives out.

Like Hieu I am keeping this thing forever so hopefully in 7-8 years I will have a real job and do it. This car will always be my baby.
lol, exactly!

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #10045
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
the mod bug never leaves you just learn to live with it
Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #10046
darkayden

Quote:
I plan to get a big piece on my arm, arm/chest, or back. Does it fade a lot over time and does it stretch when you work out?

edit: How quick is a GT-S? I didn't realize that you drove one until I saw your profile. I raced one on my way back to school earlier tonight and I'm not sure if he pushed it or it just couldn't hang at all. I'm not hating on GT-S in any form at all though.
If you work out a lot yeah it might stretch. Though you might have to wait up to 2 weeks before you can work out after getting the tattoo. I've had my full color tattoo for about 2 years and so far no fading.

My GTS is 180 crank HP with about 150HP to the wheel. My GTS is a shift-tronic so it helps when racing them a little. Matt and I have done little races a few times on our way home from getting gas and he smokes me all the time but we still have fun. Though I love seeing guys faces in POS civics when I pass and smoke their asses

Last edited by darkayden; 03-18-2009 at 03:14 AM.
darkayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:10 AM   #10047
BearMW

Quote:
Where do you plan on getting your tattoo and what is it going to be? You may want to keep it out of the sunlight for the first year so fading won't happen immediately but eventually fading does occur but not for many years. Stretching does occur too but it depends on where the tattoo is.

As for pain it's different for all people. The first 2 tattoos I got were just outlines and with my high pain tolerance I didn't feel them at all. Actually with my 2nd tattoo, that was on the back of my neck, the artist actually put me to sleep with the noise of the tattoo gun and the vibrating sensation. But my 3rd tattoo was a different story. Once the outline was done and she started doing the shading and coloring it hurt like a *****! I had to stop 3/4 of the way through because my skin couldn't take it anymore and I had to come back 3 weeks later for the 2nd sitting.
I plan to get a koi with some flowers and waves on either my shoulder/arm or my chest/shoulder/arm. Its kinda big and I don't think I can do it in one sitting. Damn, hearing that you think it hurts makes me think differently now, but I'm really desperate in getting one. I just don't want it to stretch when I work out and fade when I go to the beach . It might hurt and all but I'm sure I've been through more painful events.

I had cyst surgery done on my right ear being completely awake with blood dripping into my eye. I felt like shooting myself haha.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #10048
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
Haha so true.

So they have have some sort of patch or gum I can chew to help ween me off?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #10049
mcr_driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
ooh, i was contemplating that as well. my friend was selling the whole thing and trying to convince me to do the swap. and he'll do the work (master tech) lol. screw that though, i don't have the money LOL. plus i won't see my car for ages
how much and what is he doing? just motor tranny and tune? or the entire subframe rear diff etc?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #10050
mcr_driver

Quote:
If you work out a lot yeah it might stretch. Though you might have to wait up to 2 weeks before you can work out after getting the tattoo. I've had my full color tattoo for about 2 years and so far no fading.

My GTS is 180 crank HP with about 150HP to the wheel. GTS's are shift-tronics so it helps when racing them a little. Matt and I have done little races a few times on our way home from getting gas and he smokes me all the time but we still have fun. Though I love seeing guys faces in POS civics when I pass and smoke their asses
not all GT-S are shiftronic some actually dare i say it have a clutch pedal
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #10051
mcr_driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Haha so true.

So they have have some sort of patch or gum I can chew to help ween me off?
na just get small mods to ween yourself off, or get a beater and do cheap mods on that
Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #10052
darkayden

Quote:
I plan to get a koi with some flowers and waves on either my shoulder/arm or my chest/shoulder/arm. Its kinda big and I don't think I can do it in one sitting. Damn, hearing that you think it hurts makes me think differently now, but I'm really desperate in getting one. I just don't want it to stretch when I work out and fade when I go to the beach . It might hurt and all but I'm sure I've been through more painful events.

I had cyst surgery done on my right ear being completely awake with blood dripping into my eye. I felt like shooting myself haha.
Ouch that musta hurt. If you can get through that you can get through a tattoo no problem. Just remember to eat before you go in and get it. I made that mistake and almost passed out while getting the cover up tattoo. What helps me through the pain is I close my eyes and try to zone out/meditate.

If you are out in the sun a lot it will fade your tattoo a lot faster.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #10053
Stanc3

My Ride: 99' JB 328i
Yo Yo

- Albert Einstein
- Chad
Stanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:20 AM   #10054
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Ma

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 AM   #10055
Stanc3

- Albert Einstein
- Chad
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 AM   #10056
cyberkaa

Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #10057
BearMW

Quote:
Ouch that musta hurt. If you can get through that you can get through a tattoo no problem. Just remember to eat before you go in and get it. I made that mistake and almost passed out while getting the cover up tattoo. What helps me through the pain is I close my eyes and try to zone out/meditate.

If you are out in the sun a lot it will fade your tattoo a lot faster.
damn, that really sucks now because there is this one girl that always wants me to take her to the beach and she likes fishing with me haha. Then I suppose I'll get it on my back and always wear a shirt. but I don't want a small art piece on my back but a huge one instead. However, having one giant koi fish on my back would look out of place and I don't want to get a dragon or tiger because its such a big stereotype as being in an Asian Gang

Old 03-18-2009, 03:24 AM   #10058
darkayden

Sup Chad
Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #10059
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
I've been able to suppress it.... by spending mass amounts of money on other things

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:27 AM   #10060
Stanc3

2170479344_f852d847bc_o-1

2149924789_ebd814dc40_o

- Albert Einstein
- Chad

Tags
:facepal:, albee has a small winky, albee haz euro sugar papi, albee the critter, albeee dirty syrup licker, apple pie, banhamr, butt rash, corn on pizza, dingleberry, eggs on burgers, hair club for raf, i still love lions, kalim has hairy palms, kpeng > all of you, kpeng is still among us., lapd-tommy not in la, lapd-tommy not in vegas, let my tommy go, oh hai., poo brown assault, raceland, showboobsplz, smilez >*, tiffs boobs drool, uglychicksftw, very chatty, worst thread evar