E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #101
SpeedTheory

My Ride: Red queermobile
Send a message via AIM to SpeedTheory
I might have liked it in 2007. Or I was just trying to be nice.

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
SpeedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #102
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post
I might have liked it in 2007. Or I was just trying to be nice.
Admit it... you like it, you secret CF-loving wh0r3.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #103
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
This thread is bringing a lot of people down.

But, this is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post
You don't see me putting on a hood made out of testicles because I've got balls, do you?
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #104
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
They all look Fugly....
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #105
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
I couldn't agree with this comment more! I look around on this forum and see far too many people throwing "look at me mods" on their car regardless of the overall look of the car. In the end, you get a finished product that looks really pieced together and, often, doesn't have a nice presence.

When modding my car, I have tried to do it in stages to ensure that the overall flow of the car fits. In otherwords, do it step by step and ensure that each part works with the rest of the car....

Started out with just clear lights all around, halos, an intake, acs 3 piece spoiler, then exhaust, and them rims. At that point, I had what looked like a rather nice, love e46 but didn't exactly shout "hey check me out".

Then I started with body work and threw on an m3 front bumper, strassentech lip, hamann gtr skirts, hamann rear add on, m3 mirrors, and then a drop on pss9s.... at that point, it was clear that the car was modded but it didn't have anything over the top on it.

THEN, i went "aggressive" and threw on the gtr hood (which i pained the outer portion) and, to go with the aggressive hood, got a more aggressive front lip from vorsteiner as the strass lip was too "clean" for the hood.

At that point, the front was too aggressive for the rear.. so I did a custom quad on the hamann rear which, while more aggressive, didn't quite match the front end... SOOOOO

Then I had to undergo the biggest project on the car and did the new rear bumper which, in my opinion, flows perfectly with the super aggressive tint. Since such, have added tint and some interior pizzaz to mesh the inside with the out..

By month's end, will be throwing on some new shoes and lowering the car a bit more on the coils which should tie everything together.

I wrote all the above because, I think it summarizes my major view of modding which is that things have to be done timely and you have to put pieces on the car that look like they belong. Clearly putting a vented hood on an otherwise "clean/unmodded" looking car, will result in a totally out of place peice and it will likely look like sh*t.

Also, you should keep in mind that "you get what you pay for" absolutely applies to modding. I have always paid top dollar with installation of body work, mechanical stuff, and have spent great amounts of time planning out my modding scheme (going to gods like Lu aka OSS) to ensure it comes out nicely. I hope the finished product I put together looks as "thought out" as it does to me... maybe it's hideous to you guys who knows.

Regardless, to go back to the original quesion, I think aftermarket hoods look great when they are well fitted on a car that they "belong on". I think aftermarket hoods slapped on cars that aren't otherwise prepped results in a gaudy, obnoxious piece that draws way too much attention and often looks crummy.
man i just had to comment on this. dude chase i dont have a problem with you but the BS you throw out on the forum sometimes is just that, BS.

check your sig out bro. your hood does NOT FIT GOOD. dude you posted a picture of pats car saying if you wan t your hood to fit like this then blah blah blah when the angle the picture was taken made it look bad, when im 95% positive it fit better then yours.

and you always refer to the god of modding as luis, while his car is dope, give his balls some breathing room dude. we understand you like his car, not sure if you are religious, but there is only 1 god. LOL.

like dude, you talk so highly about your car, give it up and just chill out about it. all these threads you post pictures trying to provide "insight" when all you are doing is wh0ring your car.

you make it seem like all the mods on your car are so hard to obtain, its not that. its the fact that you dont have any kind of hookup and dont know the right people. if i wanted that SRS rear (which i dont) i couldve had it, and the wrapped CF diffuser couldve been done within a week at 3 different places within 30 miles of me. and 586759367325 more places within 200.

the exhaust is NOT HARD TO FIT. my god man. if you wanna give advice tell people to just buy short tips that go under the battery. thats it.

fitting a hood is NOT HARD. its moving screws around and buying m3 hood shocks or taking them off completely. some people are happy with their adjustments and others leave it as is.

and other things like fitting an m3 rear on your car. you always post thaqt you NEED A WIDEBODY. i can have that sh1t fitted in my garage no problem. otherwise cut off the brackets and move em up.

and please inform me how your generally light tint (yes ive seen the pictures of your new tint job) is "super aggressive." unless its 5% or lower i dont see the aggressiveness. along with windshield tint.

cmon dude, just chill out
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #106
BMW-UDM

My Ride: Piggy bank
wow, WFT is going on here was i gone that long????
BMW-UDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #107
SpeedTheory

[IMG][/IMG]

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #108
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #109
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Reminds me of that SNL skit Goth Talk.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #110
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_GTR View Post
someone had bad experience?
Someone bought Vorstiener

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #111
SWINFORD
///PIITB

My Ride: Low Life Marie
Send a message via AIM to SWINFORD Send a message via MSN to SWINFORD
WHo wants a mustache ride?

| Hypnotyzd FB |Tischer BMW|
SWINFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #112
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
dirty sanchez?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #113
mikeluvdakids

My Ride: 3 pedals + 6 gears
Send a message via AIM to mikeluvdakids Send a message via Yahoo to mikeluvdakids
Old 03-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #114
SpeedTheory

Buttsex?

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
Old 03-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #115
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
What the heck is going on here? Everyone talking about Navin's car?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #116
SpeedTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Go back to Asianland.

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
Old 03-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #117
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
man i just had to comment on this. dude chase i dont have a problem with you but the BS you throw out on the forum sometimes is just that, BS.

like dude, you talk so highly about your car, give it up and just chill out about it. all these threads you post pictures trying to provide "insight" when all you are doing is wh0ring your car.

you make it seem like all the mods on your car are so hard to obtain, its not that. its the fact that you dont have any kind of hookup and dont know the right people. if i wanted that SRS rear (which i dont) i couldve had it

the exhaust is NOT HARD TO FIT. my god man. if you wanna give advice tell people to just buy short tips that go under the battery. thats it.
Not ganging up, whether it's true or not..but this is exactly how it reads to me also. I agree with above. just saying..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
fitting a hood is NOT HARD. its moving screws around and buying m3 hood shocks or taking them off completely. some people are happy with their adjustments and others leave it as is.
This on the other hand I don't agree with entirely. Although to fit a hood is a bolt on job. The correct fitment so it really looks correct and lines up is a bit more tricky. I've seen plenty of fitted hoods that don't look right. Mine was even one of those, until my bodyshop guy adjusted it twice. If I don't close it a certain way, it'll still will not sit perfectly flush. Has a lot to do with the front nose latches, shims and spring tension.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 03-20-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #118
mikeluvdakids

My Ride: 3 pedals + 6 gears
Send a message via AIM to mikeluvdakids Send a message via Yahoo to mikeluvdakids
wow. a Kpeng attack....
Old 03-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #119
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeluvdakids View Post
wow. a Kpeng attack....
I didn't attack anything. Just wondering what the heck happened?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #120
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
No. Can't you tell it's just a simple aftermarket hood question...