E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #21
7xes

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to 7xes
I love the solution that replaces the spare tire space. make one for e46!
7xes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #22
320D facelift

My Ride: e46 320d
This is my system it plays good and looks clean, but it was a lot of work its a PHOENIX GOLD 200.4 powering a RSD 12" AND PG RYVAL CO -AXILS upfront
320D facelift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #23
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerX View Post
Yea, I pull the spare tire out. You would have to take the box out in order to get to the spare, but the box comes out pretty easily. In my case, I would have to disconenct one of hte amps and the cap, which woudl be a pain...so I just pulled the spare completely.

Wrong, Sorry to bust your bubble. But u can lift up and pull out the floor board to get to the Spare tire with out removing the sub box. This was planned for when we made the box.

Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvaz View Post
I got the same box from ebay two days ago. Shipping to NY was pretty good. The box is well built and the light grey carpet matches our trunks perfectly. I personally had a tough time getting it to fit flush in my trunk. It is raining now so I will take pics tomorrow and post them. I got it to work, but it isn't totally flush like the pics on the auction. Did anyone else that received this box have similar issues?

Joe
Nope, No problems. Mike will help you if needed.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33ZeroXi View Post
what happens when you need to take out your spare do yo need to take out the whole box? seems that way from the pics also can i see some pics of yours i only wanna put one 10" cuz i think that ill ill need and that box just seems like its too much for 1 10"
Nope, Just slid out the floorboard and carpet with it.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvaz View Post
Maybe you got lucky with a better box from this vendor. See how mine just won't go all the way down on the left side? It's because the top left piece was not cut properly. I'm waiting for a reply to the email I sent him. I'm hoping he will send me a better one and I can send this one back to him.

BTW, my amp is screwed upside down to a piece of 5/8" MDF that is screwed into the rear deck. I like the fact that you can hardly see my amp. Most don't even know it's there unless I point it out to them.
I was one of the very first Proto-Type. Nope, the left side is in too much and the right side is not settle down in the groves of the trunk.

Anthony
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #24
4ngie

My Ride: Chrissspyy
My old setup:

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
chuckles

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ngie View Post
My old setup:

that is nice exactly what i have planed just not three subs maybe 1 jlw6 or something.....

MODS:STAGE 3 TECHNIK SUPERCHARGER, H&R COILOVERS, DINAN FRONT STRUT, P46's, UUC TSE3 EXHAUST, UUC SWAYS, MRR 18in STAGGERED, M-TECH II FRONT, ALPINE IDA-X100, 6.5 JL XR COMPONENTS, 5.25 JL XR, ROCKFORD FOSGATE T400-4, ROCKFORD FOSGATE P300-1, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 12IN SHALLOW SUB, SMOKED CORNERS & SIDES & TAILS
chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #26
SCOOTTER

My Ride: 330sexi/gsx-r-1K
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Wrong, Sorry to bust your bubble. But u can lift up and pull out the floor board to get to the Spare tire with out removing the sub box. This was planned for when we made the box.

Anthony

Nope, No problems. Mike will help you if needed.

Anthony

Nope, Just slid out the floorboard and carpet with it.

Anthony

I was one of the very first Proto-Type. Nope, the left side is in too much and the right side is not settle down in the groves of the trunk.

Anthony

Are you the seller of these boxes? I wanted to get one also, but looking for a ported box for 2 - jl 10w7's
SCOOTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
RangerX

My Ride: '03 330i / '04 Z4
Send a message via AIM to RangerX Send a message via MSN to RangerX
Quote:

Anthony

Really? Pretty sure I can't lift the panel all the way... but I'm sure you broke into my garage and confirmed. j/p

I'll check it out again, but the last I checked, it would not.

RangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #28
TrippinBimmer

Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOTTER View Post
Are you the seller of these boxes? I wanted to get one also, but looking for a ported box for 2 - jl 10w7's
Nope, I just helped Mike getting it started. He the one who put it all together. I'm not sure that will be possible cause the W7 are big...Ask Mike and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerX View Post
Really? Pretty sure I can't lift the panel all the way... but I'm sure you broke into my garage and confirmed. j/p

I'll check it out again, but the last I checked, it would not.
Yes, Just lift up alittle and pull towards you. BTW, I just finish my install so check it out in the ShowRoom..

Anthony
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 AM   #29
RangerX

My Ride: '03 330i / '04 Z4
Send a message via AIM to RangerX Send a message via MSN to RangerX
sick man!

RangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #30
SCOOTTER

My Ride: 330sexi/gsx-r-1K
Quote:
Nope, I just helped Mike getting it started. He the one who put it all together. I'm not sure that will be possible cause the W7 are big...Ask Mike and find out.

Yes, Just lift up alittle and pull towards you. BTW, I just finish my install so check it out in the ShowRoom..

Anthony

oK,

How do I get a hold of Mike?

SCOOTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #31
TrippinBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOTTER View Post
oK,

How do I get a hold of Mike?
I just PM you his #...

Tell him Anthony from MS. Sent you..
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #32
joeyvaz

My Ride: '11 Cayenne GTS;
I just got off the phone with Mike. Awesome customer service! I sent him additional pics and we discussed my problems. He was in agreement that my box doesn't fit properly. He is sending another one tomorrow. Just wanted to let those of you considering his work know that he stands behind his products.

Joe
joeyvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #33
rkanok

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
here is one from my M3 Vert. I was able to make use of the space beneath the floor. I replaced the floor with a floor from a coupe and placed all components underneath. Then I used a BSW sub and it sounds great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0777.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	309403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	309404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	309405  
rkanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #34
gen247

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
We make some discreet stuff

I like the 1st pic setup where you take out the factory sub and mount up there. I remember some vendor on ebay was selling similar setup for like $70 bucks but can't find them anymore. Does anyone have any idea who on ebay might sell similar setup? Sorry about the hi-jack.
gen247 is offline   Reply With Quote