E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEMA46 View Post
Yeh i did see them and thought they looked pretty good, but no one hardly comments on them so i assumed they were no good..

i know eas do a prjector kit whihc is 5000k but white rather then blue/white, was thinking of either going with orion v2's with that xenon kit as i was told if i leave my standard xenons they wont match at all and it will luk funny???

dont know if theres any truth in that tho
contact ca-automotive, they should have stock on the Orion v2 and they are in the UK.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
Quote:

hey guys, thinking of getting some new up to date angel eyez, got some ccfls on now, but saw these umnitza line and wanted to know which were the best out there for a clean but bright, mean look. So far im swayin towards the orion v2 60led ... But unsure between 6000k or 4300k stock xenon??

Ne probs with ne one whos got them??
Any battery problems?
Blown leds??
Melted units?

Ive heard all sorts

also compared them to the predator chromiums which are nice to but from the pics ive seen the angel eyes look thinner

any answers and pics most appreciated
I have CCFL chromiums and I am dying to upgrade to the Orion V2 in due time. No battery issues from those I know running them. At least no one has said of any that I personally know.

If you ever had a bad ring, Umnitza will stand behind it and replace it for you under warranty. I have not heard of any melted Orions. CCFL is a totally different story, and that is a good reason you mostly see the LED kits now. I would also suggest 6000K. They look great. But that is a personal choice. 4300 is more OEM if that is your liking, but the 6000K are great as well.

All of the Angel Eyes I have seen in person show that the Orion V2 are the brightest and best that I have seen and that others I personally know are running. A group of our guys in our local club are running them and it was completely based on how they look. It is truly something to see.

If you want the brightest, most day time visible with a great warranty and customer service, I would say Orion V2s. But I will admit openly that I am biased, but with good reason. Matt (Umnitza) has always taken care of me in my times of need, never once given me a hard time, and has always stood behind his product.

If they are wired correctly, you should have no issues. CCFL kits had more issues and it seemed to be related to the connectors that came with those kits. Personally, I have burned up a couple of ballasts on my own fault, but the LEDs do not have that issue from what I have heard. LEDs are safer then the CCFL and are quite a bit brighter. Again, I will switch over to LEDs soon... I am just taking care of other things first. (house being built, so mods are mostly on hold)

Best of luck. Remember, there are those that will defend any of the sponsors on here, and that is great. It is your choice on who to do business with. I give Umnitza my business because of what he has done for me, and I have not even spent as much as I wish I could. Please take any negative comments with a grain of salt. We are all biased in one way or another based on past experiences. But mine with Umnitza have been flawless, and Matt has bent over backwards for me, when he did not have to. That is why I have their banner in my sig and openly support them for any mods that I have been able to do so far.

Cheers, and good luck!

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #23
Titanium 325

Quote:
Yeh i did see them and thought they looked pretty good, but no one hardly comments on them so i assumed they were no good..

i know eas do a prjector kit whihc is 5000k but white rather then blue/white, was thinking of either going with orion v2's with that xenon kit as i was told if i leave my standard xenons they wont match at all and it will luk funny???

dont know if theres any truth in that tho
You can get 6000K Xenons and matching angel eyes as well as just about any color to match to avoid missmatches. Personally, I like the 6000K. Great look, slightly blueish tint to them, but very white as well compared to regular halogens. You can really see how yellow a typical Halogen is next to 6000K.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Kool so orion v2's at 6000k sounds like the majority, so what about projectors?? any of you upgraded them?? to match the angel eye otuput??
Many people on these forums upgrade to P46s with is Xenon headlights.....

I only have CCFL, but the P46s make it a much, cleaner look IMO with the xenon headlights and HIDs.

Also, the Angel eyes are pre-installed into the headlight housings making it alot easier to install.

I will upgrade to Orion V2s soon.

Just browse around the forums and look at the installed customer pictures. Read their reviews and you will see the main differences
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06

Orion V2's. Just got them I love em.

Last edited by phrozen06; 04-07-2009 at 09:45 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #26
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
Am i the first to comment about this?

This DEFINITELY belongs in the wheel/tire forum

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #27
mike86325

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium 325 View Post

If you ever had a bad ring, Umnitza will stand behind it and replace it for you under warranty. (Umnitza) has always taken care of me in my times of need, never once given me a hard time, and has always stood behind his product.
Agreed.. I have bought a few things through Umnitza and every single time they have been amazing to deal with. Answered all of my questions, gave me demos of the product, explained installs, hell, even offered to do the install free of charge.

I will definitely continue to buy from them.

2003.5 Tiag SMG ///M3
FOR SALE:
2 Michelin PS2 275/30/19: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=665386
Pre-face Sedan Tails, Corners, Side markers: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=708875
mike86325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #28
BEEMA46

My Ride: BMW 330 CI VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
contact ca-automotive, they should have stock on the orion v2 and they are in the uk.

cheers, thanks for everyones responses and pics. So i can either buy a p46 unit or just change the xenon bulbs, umnitza you guys got any more pictures of a 6000k xenon bulb change with orion v2s

and pics of p46s on a e46
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #29
Droodsty

My Ride: '05 AW/IR Vert M3
I know I'll be purchasing umnitza projectors with 6k Orion V2s as soon as I pay off my reckless driving!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #30
Titanium 325

Quote:
cheers, thanks for everyones responses and pics. So i can either buy a p46 unit or just change the xenon bulbs, umnitza you guys got any more pictures of a 6000k xenon bulb change with orion v2s

and pics of p46s on a e46
Do you already have projector headlights now? If so, you can just change the bulbs to the 6000K color. No need to get the P46s if you have projectors already. I upgraded from halogens to P46s with the Angel Eyes already installed and it was a great deal.

If you do not already have projectors, then I would do P46s with matching color output Orion V2s.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #31
BruceWayne
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 03 LSB ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
Am i the first to comment about this?

This DEFINITELY belongs in the wheel/tire forum

On another note, Im currently trying to decide on which angel eyes as well right now and I know all of the differences between leds and ccfls and LEDs clearly seem to be much more popular and seem to be the better choice but the problem i am having is the spacing, I really don't like the look of being able to tell that there are many leds, it looks like a pearl necklace of sorts, so does it actually look like that usually or does it look like a solid ring
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #32
umnitza

If you have OE Xenons, keep them, you can always change the bulb to be 6000K for the low beams to match the Orion V2 6000K.

As for gaps, in every instance, the customers will tell you the gaps closely mimic (though obviously not exactly) the same striations that you find in the OEM rings. And from any distance of 5' and back, they blend perfectly to look like a full circle ring.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #33
BEEMA46

My Ride: BMW 330 CI VERT
Guys at umnitza whats the best price for orion v2 60 led 6000k in white with 4300k bulbs from you guys? How much with shipping to the u.k.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #34
umnitza

Shipping to the UK is about $22, the bulbs are $65 for the pair, and Orion V2 is $139.99
They can all be ordered directly on the web site.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #35
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post

On another note, Im currently trying to decide on which angel eyes as well right now and I know all of the differences between leds and ccfls and LEDs clearly seem to be much more popular and seem to be the better choice but the problem i am having is the spacing, I really don't like the look of being able to tell that there are many leds, it looks like a pearl necklace of sorts, so does it actually look like that usually or does it look like a solid ring
We don't like gaps either.

The lens on aurora is the a bit thinner than our competitions and properly diffuses the light to prevent the gaps you see.

aurora is opaque and diffuses the light so it is even throughout the ring. Orion II has a magnified lens which appears brighter, this in turn also magnifies the LEDs when they are not lit.

For reference, here is an unlit image of the Orion IIs, aurora and MYCARR/Chromium pictured from left to right:

All this can be seen in the thread linked earlier through our comparison linked earlier. For more aurora photos, be sure to check out our showroom thread:

eas - e2 aurora 60LED Showroom Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=591399

It's up for forum members to decide what's best for them - not vendors.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #36
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Just search around the forums and you will see the flaws in the LED kits. Some don't have failures, other types do

Last edited by M0nk3y; 04-08-2009 at 02:02 PM.
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #37
umnitza

new information - Orion V2 is now 14% brighter.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=672166
Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #38
bouchet

My Ride: ZHP
wow, those multi-color orions are uber gay. please don't put those on a BMW. you're embarrassing the brand.
bouchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #39
Baaarb

My Ride: 320D
well, dont be ridiculous EAS!
The origin price from China or Japan Factory is about max 40USD, cant believe than even more... so price 200USD for some pice of plastic and LEDs is really simply - not-clever...
Old 05-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #40
7xes

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to 7xes
its not just production cost, but developing them as well...
7xes is offline   Reply With Quote