E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 181 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #401
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedBMW23 View Post
I'm looking to fit some Oem projectors on my 2000 323ci but i'm a little hesitant. My question is would 2003 M3 headlights fit my car (2000 323ci)? if anyone can let me know if so and what would i have to do... or if they do not. Thanks & appreciated.
Did you even read the thread? I don't want to come off as an asshole, but I answered this question on the first page.

Of course they will fit.

As a matter of fact, these two headlights are the exact same thing and are completely interchangeable; they just have different lenses, inner trim, and corners.
[IMG]http://www.*************/forum/attachments/test-area/34853d1193864016-test-e46-m3-sig.jpg[/IMG]

The only issue would be electronic, and all you have to do is reprogram your LCM (the light switch in the car) to accept xenons. Again, a dealership or anyone else with GT1 diagnostic tools can do this for you. If your car is early enough, it might require a newer LCM that can be programmed over, which isn't too much of a stretch either.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 03-26-2009 at 04:35 PM.
hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #402
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Did you even read the thread? I don't want to come off as an asshole, but I answered this question on the first page.

Of course they will fit.
The only issue would be electronic, and all you have to do is reprogram your LCM (the light switch in the car) to accept xenons. Again, a dealership or anyone else with GT1 diagnostic tools can do this for you. If your car is early enough, it might require a newer LCM that can be programmed over, which isn't too much of a stretch either.
also the car would not have the autoleveling of the lights that factory ones have. so one would have to also get the frt/rr sensors and wiring looms to get them to perform like factory. but yes, they'll bolt in and light up.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 AM   #403
kevinterkelsen

My Ride: 328 ci (TS 3)
Thanks!
kevinterkelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #404
MaxdaSwede

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325 xi
Went through all the pages does anyone have a pic of a M3 bumper on a facelift sedan? Pic with no modifications just put on there and then pics of what it looks like when adjusted to fit?
Thanks
Max
MaxdaSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #405
MaxdaSwede

Does anyone have some pics? Might do this depending on the work and how it looks. Found a bumper for cheap already painted my color!!! Let me know.
Thanks,
Max
Old 04-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #406
MaxdaSwede

Anyone?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #407
MaxdaSwede

This thread died haha...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #408
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
all quiet here
Old 04-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #409
roo97ss

My Ride: 135i, x3, Vette
M3 suspension, shocks, struts, springs...

now I know Alec isn't fond of this. But i've done the swap a few times.

#1 an M3 suspension is slightly taughter than the sport, but also, will ride slightly higher. My rationale. In the past now. 328ci, with 75k miles on it, sport susp. And for 150 bucks got M3 susp with under 10k on it.

Swapped well, was about 1/2 taller in front and 1/4 taller in rear (probably half that difference was the aging of the suspension). Car definitely handled better.

#2 Bought a 325i with stock suspension. i was getting seasick driving this thing. Swapped to M3 suspension. Lowered by about 1/2 inch front and rear, and much, much tighter. Handling was crisper as well as rebound was 1000% better. No floating, just nice firm M3.

My recommendations. If you have sport suspension and it's not worn out, or the M3 susp you can get is of similar milage, don't do it. If you have high miles on your sport susp and a low mile M3...will be worth it. If you've got a non sport susp - get the M3 susp, provided you can get it cheap. Remember you do have to get car aligned after this.

The technical issues.
1. Rear - direct bolt in. Hopefully you can purchase with top mounts too as they are much better than stock 3 series. The spring slips in and the shock bolts right in. Nothing to worry about.

2. Front - this is where the issue lies. The strut hat or top mount is M3 specific and your stock one won't work. So you need the entire strut, with spring and top eccentric mount from the M3 to make it work. Guys that have gone to coilovers will have removed this part, others with simple strut upgrades may not have. Without this part, the suspension is useless to you, and the part is i believe 90 bucks each at stealer...so unless you get the front hats don't buy the M3 suspension.

Now for the install, there is a trick, the eccentric top mount has an arrow that's supposed to face forward, with right on right and left on left. If you turn it (3 holes) so that the arrow is pointing towards the motor (inward) the alignment will be easy and more or less right on without any significant adjustments.

So yes after reading through this thread, and not seeing this info I thought it worthwhile to give you my experience. I do have an M3 (vert), and while the susp is not as balanced (lacking sways) in these other cars....it was definitely worth it...having purchased my sets for 150 bucks each.

Joe
Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #410
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
^ Thanks for the input, I'm sure it will help lots of people. I'm still going to maintain the idea that it's just not worth it for the time/money spent. I bought my H&R Race springs for $140 and my car on those and blown non-sport shocks was absolutely on rails. I'm all about using OEM parts when possible, but I'm still not convinced that the M3 suspension is even an upgrade for stock non-sport non-M cars.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #411
roo97ss

My Ride: 135i, x3, Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
^ Thanks for the input, I'm sure it will help lots of people. I'm still going to maintain the idea that it's just not worth it for the time/money spent. I bought my H&R Race springs for $140 and my car on those and blown non-sport shocks was absolutely on rails. I'm all about using OEM parts when possible, but I'm still not convinced that the M3 suspension is even an upgrade for stock non-sport non-M cars.
I'm sure with race springs it was tight, but have to imagine the ride was terrible. I can honestly say the improvement over a 'used' sport was very mild; however, the improvement over the non sport was quite impressive.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #412
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo97ss View Post
I'm sure with race springs it was tight, but have to imagine the ride was terrible. I can honestly say the improvement over a 'used' sport was very mild; however, the improvement over the non sport was quite impressive.
Actually it rode fine, extremely similar to my KWs, the only noticeable difference is high speed stability (and height, obviously.)

Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #413
bluedemon007

My Ride: 2000 328ci
M3 front

Hello
I've recently bought a 328 ci and wanted to give it a more aggressive look. Was thinking about the m3 front bumper. After doing some research on the matter i found that its not a direct fit. So i though about changing the whole front end of the car..... m3 fenders, bumper, and hood. The only thing about that is, seeing how the m3 has wider rear fenders on it. i imagined it would look odd to have wide fender on the front, and regular 3 fenders in the back.... with that said, i would like to know has anyone seen this done? and if so, does it look odd?(it would be great if you could post some pics of one that has gone through this) also, what is a alternative to this...in other words anyone know of a rear and front apron that will give my 3 a more agressive/sporty look. Thanks in advance for you replies.
bluedemon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #414
outofspace

My Ride: 325Ci
Does anybody have a DIY on how to fit M3 fender vents on non M coupe? Thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #415
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
why would you
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #416
koven

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofspace View Post
Does anybody have a DIY on how to fit M3 fender vents on non M coupe? Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #417
IsaacE46

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Question, can you place M3 Eibach springs with non-M3 E46 Eibach dampners, on a 325Ci convertible? All parts are for 2001 E46.
IsaacE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #418
325i project!!

My Ride: 02 325i, 5 speed
M3 engine!!!

Will the m3 engine fit my 325i? What mods need to be done ?
the engine came from a 02 M3!!Please let me know!!
325i project!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:04 AM   #419
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325i project!! View Post
Will the m3 engine fit my 325i? What mods need to be done ?
the engine came from a 02 M3!!Please let me know!!
Yes, it will fit. Here are the mods that need to be done.

- M3 transmission
- M3 engine
- M3 DME
- M3 cluster
- M3 LCM
- M3 shifter parts
- M3 engine harness
- M3 body harness, adapted for non-M sedan (rear windows (???), sport button, etc.)
- Traction control??
- Speed sensors?
- all necessary brackets, etc. etc.

All of which, you have to find and do yourself. Your best bet would be to find a wrecked (in the rear) M3, strip both cars down, and swap all the M3 parts into the 325... we're talking every single part here. This will end up costing you a fortune of money and time, especially on the research end of things.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #420
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacE46 View Post
Question, can you place M3 Eibach springs with non-M3 E46 Eibach dampners, on a 325Ci convertible? All parts are for 2001 E46.
Eibach M3 springs will probably raise a 325 sport. M3 is a heavier car. Either way, not worth it at all as there are much better and 'worry-free' options for your money.

Everyone should really read or search the thread before asking questions!!!! =/