E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #21
Amir PG

My Ride: ///Mpower
Send a message via MSN to Amir PG
does any one have the software, mind says it need a key so i need the software with crack...i have the equipment
E46 330 S54B32 (under construction)
Amir PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 AM   #22
Acarder

My Ride: 69' M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambro24 View Post
check engine reset( which resets then click back on in a few seconds)
airbag light (which comes right back on )
asc (which goes off then right back on )
intrument cluster taillight( which goes off and right back on after few seconds)
sounds like somethings genuinely wrong with the airbags, ASC, cluster, and engine then. The codes keep coming back, it's not the tools problem.
Acarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #23
st2000

My Ride: 316
Hi guys just a general question about Carsoft 6.5, I reset my service interval and erased an error memory but now when i open the driver or passenger door the windows lower a slight bit and go back up once door is shut. My car is a 4 door. Also before when I locked my car the indicators used to flash and there was a little blip and now the doors just lock and nothing happens. Any ideas how I can revert back to the old way?

Thanks
st2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
ken@bimmertools
Is NOT A Mechanic

My Ride: E90
For those of you considering going the PC/Software route, please consider a few things:

1. Be aware of the source of the software, its warranty, legality, and its compatibility with your car(s). If anything is questionable, avoid it.

2. Don't spend money for features you do not need. Most BMW owners are more than armed with diagnostic information that they get from their non-OBDII, BMW Specific Peake Research scan tools. There are people who will use the advanced features on a PC System frequently, and for them, those products are the way to go. However, if you just need to read codes in order to repair a problem that is within your capability, a simple plug-and-play reader is your best option.

3. Software systems can offer bi-directional communication that may allow you to tamper with portions of the vehicle's electronics that you might not want to. Be careful.

Those products certainly have their place. But, before you buy, ask yourself if a Peake tool might be everything you need. Have a look at the article in my signature titled "Is your check engine light on?"

Ken@bimmertools.com if you have any questions about the tools.

Ken

Bimmertools is under new ownership! Please welcome Taylor@bimmertools.com.
Click Here to say hi.
ken@bimmertools is offline   Reply With Quote