E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #1
WindingRDS

My Ride: E46 M3
HK problem - best solution?

I know absolutely nothing about audio so I figured i'd post here before I walk into a shop and get taken advantage of.

I just purchased a 2003 e46 and noticed that atleast 2 of the HK speakers have some crackling (fronts I believe). I assume that this means they need replacement being that most likely they are just getting old.

I'd like to know the best solution for this problem. I'm not a huge audio guy, but if im going to spend the money I might as well do it right. Is there anyway I could just replace the 2 speakers at an audio shop or will I have to replace the entire system? Do some shops have a set price for a entire audio overhaul? I know its not that big of a deal, but crackling speakers in my new car is driving me
WindingRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
packrat555

My Ride: 2001 325i
BSW seems to have the only quality midrange speaker replacement and the cost isn't too bad. There is some cheaper stuff on ebay. A lot of threads seem to indicate this is the driver that goes out first you will have to determine that yourself by listening closely.

You can purchase them a pair at a time of save $100 and get all speakers for $599. They are supposed to be much better quality.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/
packrat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
WindingRDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat555 View Post
BSW seems to have the only quality midrange speaker replacement and the cost isn't too bad. There is some cheaper stuff on ebay. A lot of threads seem to indicate this is the driver that goes out first you will have to determine that yourself by listening closely.

You can purchase them a pair at a time of save $100 and get all speakers for $599. They are supposed to be much better quality.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/
Looks like a pretty solid package

What is BSW's warentee on the speakers? I see their garentee, what no info on a warantee.

Also I am only seeing the front door tweaters, not the front door speakers, am I looking in the wrong location?

Last edited by WindingRDS; 05-08-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
WindingRDS

^ bump ..