E46 Fanatics Forum banner

It is my car now...Proefi/Saad Content

33K views 132 replies 36 participants last post by  M5chas 
#1 · (Edited)
As most know I purchased Jason's M3. Before receiving it, I watched the seasons turn from winter to spring to summer, oh and also had Saad install their 4" intake and driveshaft loop. The car finally arrived..what I bought an m3??? Sheett forgot all about that.:D But you know what, it was well worth the wait.

This car is a hammer.:yikes: Saad's work is top shelf. This beyotch is serious business. It drinks more juice then Charlie Sheen on a 3 day bender in Vegas, but again is well worth it. E85 is the stuff of car guy dreams. I will never mess with race fuel or meth again. Completely pointless when you can make this kind of power at this price. The 6766 is a bad mofo. It spools so hard and so fast. In my stage 3 car I could make and eat a sandwich and then contemplate whether or not hey, maybe I want another sanwich before boost would kick in. This car there isn't even time to pull the lunch meat out of the refrigerator. Literally night and day difference and the spool doesn't stop.

I dig the Proefi. You all have read other's reviews, but yes it is that good!! The traction control can not be described, it really needs to be felt. First through fourth gear pulls without being sideways somewhere along the line and pulling hard the whole pull is just crazy talk. But it honestly happens and it is so much fun you just want to do it again and again and again and again....:woot::woot: The can display is a great way to monitor all the engine vitals and is pretty addictive. So yes, major kudos to Jason for bringing this creation to the M3 market. I do wish I could log though.

One of my favorite things on this car though, the SP boost activated cut out!!!:thumbsup: I have an Eisenmann Race 83mm Exhaust installed on the other side of it, so around town there is a very pleasant gurgle. How good does an s54 sound through a monster exhaust into an Eisenmann race exhaust?? Really ****in good. But damn when boost kicks in and that cut out is wide open it is just another level of amazing! :excited:

I am having a pretty bad stumbling/bucking issue from time to time. Jason thinks this is caused by the monster 2150cc injectors. Jason suggested switching to 1100s so I bought a new set, but I think I have changed my mind for now. I want to try and sort out potential causes with the 2150s first if that is in fact the issue. Hopefully since Jason sold me a car that isn't 100%, he will be there for support to remedy this problem.

To end, the car is really impressive. It is pure business. Saad and Jason built this monster to go fast and they did a damn good job of it. There will be more stuff in the works for the car. Jason built this car with the hopeful intention to run 9s, but right now that isn't a priority for me. I want to get the suspension sorted (this is an M3 after all) and then maybe see what she will do on a road course. I have no skills through the corners, but I bet with the way this car makes power it would be a blast!

At Proefi.

It has finally arrived!

After just bringing it home. Sorry Saad all stickers are now off the car.

Dyno chart on 22 psi before being shipped out.

Saad's 4" intake is huge

Among a bunch of goodies, these are waiting to be installed.

ps my wife rocks.:D Thanks for supporting my car addictions!

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks LH! You talked me off the ledge more then a few times during the wait. :thumbup:

Congrats!!
:thumbsup: Nice!
Thanks. :thumbup:

I hope you put some miles on this beast...I need to hear how this thing handles many miles of abuse. Glad you enjoy the car it truly is a beast ;)
Man, I am trying to put some miles on it. I am going to let a buddy of mine who drives roughly 50k miles a year, have it for a couple weeks and rack up some heavy traffic/open highway miles up on it and see what happens.

Hell. Yes.

HELL YES.
I remember first seeing this car on here. Man it's so perfectly done. Love how stock it looks.
Yet it can beat almost anything.
Love it.

Congrats man.
Thanks much! :thumbup:

#15 ·
SAAD definitely has some sick skills man. Once you find out more abo
ut the rear diff plate/mount, hook a brotha up!

Yeah she does, lol....
I was just taking a closer look at the photos (well taken CHAS!) and WTF!
I dont recall much talk about that plate. looks very interesting. This is something they should template and make and market for anyone to buy.
That whole diff mount area in OEM trim is weak we all know.

#25 ·
Very Nice! Congrats

#26 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new car Charlie! Glad to hear that you've received the beast and are enjoying it.... but if you ever decide to sell it, you know I'm your man ;). Btw, compared to your previous 2.5, is the 6766 that much better? I'm really considering swapping my turbo out for the 6766 and wanted to get your take on it since you've owned the 6776 and now own a 6766. How much of a difference is there between the two?

#30 ·
Trades!?!!?! :D Thanks man. Yes, I think it is that much better. It builds boost quicker and holds on to it longer. If I remember correctly the 6776 would start to taper out, and this turbo doesn't, it just pulls! So couple that with a more aggressive tune and your car would be pretty much perfect.

#36 · (Edited)
So the Diff brace......... How important is it for a 300whp NA M3? :)

#37 ·
:bump:

#39 ·
#47 ·
Turns out the stalling/stuttering issue was related to the ecu not being happy after the smg to 6 speed conversion. We sent it out to Technica to get reflashed and now the car drives perfectly.

While the car was up at Undercover, they also installed a new front euro bumper, anodized the intercooler, installed the Autosolutions 30% ssk, installed the AST 4100 suspension, Vorshlag camber plates, and Turner Sways, and switched out the BBS Chs for Apex 18"s. Plus, I decided to pull out the 2150ccs and run the 1100ccs. I will definitely post pictures and videos soon.

#66 ·
built motor + pro-ef i+ 6766 + e85= instaboost!! This set-up looks perfect for the street.. what hp figures at the wheels are you seeing? Love to see some vids as this is most likely the route im will be going :D

#67 · (Edited)
I dig the Proefi. You all have read other's reviews, but yes it is that good!! The traction control can not be described, it really needs to be felt. First through fourth gear pulls without being sideways somewhere along the line and pulling hard the whole pull is just crazy talk. But it honestly happens and it is so much fun you just want to do it again and again and again and again....:woot::woot: The can display is a great way to monitor all the engine vitals and is pretty addictive. So yes, major kudos to Jason for bringing this creation to the M3 market. I do wish I could log though.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I feel the same way honestly. You can read all the reviews you want on the ProEFI but it doesn't mean anything until you drive it. This is especially true for the iBoost and Traction Control. There's NOTHING like it!

One of my favorite things on this car though, the SP boost activated cut out!!!:thumbsup: I have an Eisenmann Race 83mm Exhaust installed on the other side of it, so around town there is a very pleasant gurgle. How good does an s54 sound through a monster exhaust into an Eisenmann race exhaust?? Really ****in good. But damn when boost kicks in and that cut out is wide open it is just another level of amazing! :excited:

I'm also glad to hear you're pleased with the SP product. It's like a dumptube, but for the motor. :D

I am having a pretty bad stumbling/bucking issue from time to time. Jason thinks this is caused by the monster 2150cc injectors. Jason suggested switching to 1100s so I bought a new set, but I think I have changed my mind for now. I want to try and sort out potential causes with the 2150s first if that is in fact the issue. Hopefully since Jason sold me a car that isn't 100%, he will be there for support to remedy this problem.

We have discussed this issue a number of times. It's not necessarily that the car isn't 100%. Let's go back in time a bit...

The ID2000 injectors were the only real option for the big power Supra guys (especially on E85) and were good compared to the Siemens 2200cc injectors that were on the market (junk, run away from these). However, the ID2000's weren't perfect and had idle issues. Then we moved to the FIC 2150cc injectors which used the same Bosch EV14 injector case but were, in our experience, flowed much better and offered a complete solution for the Supras (not to mention they are $300 cheaper than the ID injectors).

Fast forward to the BMW and we have now come to a new problem....the BMW motor is so efficient that it requires ridiculously low fuel amounts to idle. It's much lower than the Supras require and much lower than the FIC 2150cc injectors would like to idle at with regards to pulse width.

Bottom line is, if you need the fuel, you'll need to deal with a slight idle issue unless an alternative comes around. If you plan on making less than 900whp on E85, go for the FIC 1100cc injectors and you'll be happier than a pig in **** :p
My comments are shown above for you. Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the car to the fullest. :)

Reid

#76 ·
Reid, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your comments in your last post.MOST interesting.
I particularly enjoyed your history lesson on injectors and the what role the FIC 2150's play in our FI BMW's. You guys have an amazing grip on things. Its such a pleasure when you post. I learn so much. Thank you, sir!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.