E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2 questions: Do I have sport suspension? Best system for stock ride height?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vicariously13 
#1 ·
So I recently installed some style 71 18" staggered wheels on my 2004 330ci. I noticed the ride height is quite low and consequently I end up having to compromise everyday drivability due to scraping and what not. What I assumed was that this was due to tired shocks (after 121k miles). I would like to replace the shocks, struts and springs but still capture a stock ride and height for practical drivability. Any idea on how to find out if my system was sport suspension or not? Any idea what springs would be better than OEM with minimal lowering? Again, driving comfort and practicality are what I'm after. This is my daily driver and its not quite the designated project car yet. Any help would be great. Thank you!

#2 ·
You have sport suspension. All 330 coupes came with it.

I am not sure exactly what type of scraping you're referring to but blown dampers will not affect your static ride height by a noticeable amount, they will only let your suspension compress quicker than it should.

If you want stock ride height, maybe stick with the springs you've got. You could maybe throw in a set of spring pads to raise it up a bit. Replace your bushings and RSMs and get some new dampers. Check out Koni FSDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.