E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Headlight reinstall issue

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  y2k_o__o 
#1 ·
So I just was doing some work on my headlights, long story, and I painted the inside bowls. Anyway, when reinstalling I could not get it to line back up correctly. The light itself looks a little off and the corner won't line up flush, like the headlight is moved too far out and doesn't give it enough to room. Also I cannot get the bottom mount holes to line up. I actually cracked the bottom mount, which also houses the squirters, does anybody have a part number for this? I can't find it, it's not cracked badly but I should likely replace. Anyway, does anybody have tips for getting this thing back in correctly? It's driving me crazy. Some pics are attached of how it is and how the other one is. Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Car
Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Light
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting
Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Engine Car
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Hood
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

See less See more
#6 ·
OP, is the headlight properly sliding into the tabs on the mount? Here's a pic:

Also make sure all the stuff around the headlight is tidy, like the tabs for the plastic lens is all in and inside the trim strip, etc. And if your mount like the pic above is broken, that may be the problem...

#8 · (Edited)
I attached the turn signals outside and installed lights and signals together as one as noted. I also used some plastic epoxy on the brackets slot bracket. Had to lift the metal brace above the drivers headlight to get some room but once the lights slotted in all was good. Thanks! Car is filthy from bugs, but I am still loving the painted bowls Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.