E46 Fanatics Forum banner

ESS TS2 OBC Fuel Correction

15K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  lab rat 
#1 ·
I doubt that the ESS TS2 is able to provide a modified fuel injection pulse signal to the OBC so that it could accurately calculate MPG, but I thought that I would ask. Anyone know? I'ld e-mail ESS, but I suspect that others would want to know as well.

The reason I want an OBC that functions properly is the reason I want an ESS TS; keep the vehicle looking and operating like stock.

#4 ·
Same here. My OBC is consistently off by 30%... would be nice to have it corrected.

#24 ·
The correction factor is in the instrument cluster, not the OBC. So using what you said, I am trying to change how the instrument cluster calculates the data off the CAN bus to display to the driver. What am I missing here?

In any case, I'll try this when I get my car back. Although I do have INPA to try it with if this doesn't work.

Have fun with your OBDI. :)

#36 ·
I haven't found anything I can do. I would really like my OBC to function as designed; I'm willing to pay for the option, but can't find a way to do it. It's one of the unadvertised trade-offs you have to put up with when you go FI.

#40 ·
Anybody ever have success in finding a solution?

If the correction factor isn't available in the instrument cluster like it is in other BMW models then I guess the only option is making an adjustment in the DME, but as AJ points out, with MS45 DME's this can be risky or down-right buggy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.