E46 Fanatics Forum banner

00 328i grinding noise on hard brake!

619 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Hektik 
#1 ·
First off i would like to say hello and that i love this site! my name is Chris, Yesterday I did a front brake job on my 328 and before that I never really paid attention to it because the pads where really low, but after the brake job I took it down the road to test the pads that I had bought (autozone dura last gold sd) while doing that I wanted to give it a hard stop scenario so I hit the brakes hard and in doing so I experienced a rough grinding noise coming from the front that I could also feel in the petal! It rides and brakes fine but when I slam the brakes hard is the only time I feel it ! Some told me that its normal that its just the antilock brakes but from my experience with cars it does feel normal.

#2 ·
Hi mate, if youve just put new pads on any car it takes a good week or two for them to 'bed in' I wouldnt recommend slamming on ya brakes as it may (Correct me if wrong) warp your brake discs due to too much pressure. You just need to keep braking steadily when you have chance, giv it a week or so and the grinding noise should be gone and braking heavier will be fine.

Cheers

#5 ·
Well unless your ABS light is on and you had issues before installing the new pads, its deffo just them bedding in so dont worry mate and as say best tip is go for late night drive....get up to 70 80mph, gently brake down to say 30mph and keep doing that (to speed the process up a bit if you so wish) ...just make sure you check your mirrors tho if u do!! lol

Cheers and all the best mate :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.