E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New Member and looking to buy my 1st

988 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BITA02M3 
#1 ·
Hey
I'm Mitch and I figured I would do my research and talk to some owners as much as I can and get into the community of which I wish to join.

Looking to purchase a 02-06 M3 for a project car that I can really get my hands dirty into some mods and eventually turn into a track car thats still street legal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

#8 ·
Hi congrats on ur M3. First thing first. They are awesome cars. When u lift the car make sure you check your subframe. I just bought my first m3 and it is a issue with all e 46and e 36 cars. You have to take care of it as soon as you can , if it wasn't fixt yet. Or longer u go with it ,be harder and more expensive to fix. Just a friendly heads up. Have fun and take care .

#9 ·
Did have the car on the lift, it has no sub frame issue at all. I had the VIN checked and they said there would not be an issue with this vehicle. I plan on checking it again in the not too distant future to get another opinion and to also find out more about my specific vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.