E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New to Bmw with a 325i.

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Jaguars 95 
#1 ·
Hi all, my name is Dave and I just acquired my first Bmw, it's a sweet 325i that I swapped a 5.0 fox body Mustang. This is a car I probably wouldn't have tried to pursue 6 months ago, but with also having a 91 Jetta with a 96 2.0 aba, my curiousity let me consider it. It does need some work but does have a ton of potential. I got the stock wheels, a set of 20's, and it currently has a afe cold air kit and a full borla exhaust. It does need the gm5 replaced/fixed and that'll require a trip to the dealer. This will be an interesting summer for sure.

#5 ·
I was referring to the cold air intake. It seems like there would be better options. It seems that a car that cost as much as these new would have something that is the go to item, besides a turbo. Lol. And I would consider one down the road, after I get my feet wet.

#6 ·
Honestly, you would be better off buying a ZHP sedan. That will give you an extra 54 hp. If you don't want to spend the money on that car, perhaps eBay headers? And put back on the stock intake. Most aftermarkets actually rob power because they were not designed by BMW engineers with PhD's.

#8 ·
$100 for ebay headers doesn't sound like it'll bankrupt me. Lol. Seems like they would be difficult to put in. I'm guessing underneath has more room. Thanks for the input. I'll have to get pics of it on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.