E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Top speed for Stretched tires?

14K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  VTEC_THIS 
#1 · (Edited)
As much as alot of you may not like it I do have a lowered M3, I recently did a bigger stretch on my rear tires to stop the rubbing issues I was having and am now not sure what a the "safe" freeway speed is. My rear is 18x12 with a 265/35/18 on it just looking for advice and experiences. Thanks :woot: BTW: I do have a tendency to drive over 80 on the freeway.....

#2 ·
Well the 30 sidewall is kind of what makes it dangerous, you don't have anything to absorb an impact, if you were to ever hit a big enough bump theres a chance you can blow out the bead. Just my .02

#12 ·
I have to admit that I was completely against your setup until I saw your pic. Although I wouldn't set up my ///M like you did, I have to say that it does look good! :thumbsup:

Yeah, if you're going for this look then just keep it safe so you don't hurt yourself, others, and also your ///M! Happy motoring!!! :)

#14 ·
I think I seen this car at the chino hills meet last month. Was that you?

#28 ·
OP....there will always be haters and they will make comments concerning how you have your ///M set up. I am not the type to go for the stance look on ///M's but after seeing your pic I have posted that your ride looked good...:thumbsup: I have a different path for my ///M and it's okay to be different as long as you don't trash your ride, which you obviously haven't.

Keep your ///M looking good as it does and have fun with it :thumbsup:

#30 ·
If your tires have the proper air pressure I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go 80MPH on the freeway, however I'd probably recommend driving at lower speeds considering that all the freeways around Southern California have much lower speed limits. :)

Your car looks good by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.