E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Finally Received new Superleggeras (pics)

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  airkore 
#1 ·
Hey,

I finally got my Superleggeras after a couple long weeks of waiting. I was dissapointed to find out that they didn't actually weigh much less than my stock 16s. Oh well. Sorry about the crappy pics. Will get some outdoor ones on a nicer day.

Before:

Afters:

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
mc said:
what size?
They're 17s. With the light weight wheels I thought getting 18s may have added too much harshness. It seems everyone out there on these forums are all getting at least 18s or 19s. I'll admit I was worried the 17s might look too small, but I don't think that's the case because they look good (at least in my head).

Oh and thanks to all for the compliments.

#16 ·
airkore said:
get some locks for those...I had the exact rims stolen 3 weeks ago in Vancouver.How much did you pay for those???new or used?

Looks great!
I bought them new from TireTrends.com. I probably could have gotten them a bit cheaper from TireRack but I wanted to avoid the problems with shipping internationally.

They were $385 each wheel plus around $165 for tires, Canadian that is (I just bought these new Kumho ASX All seasons). I'm hoping that I might not need winter tires. I went through half of last winter with all-seasons and didn't have too many problems. If the wider wheel affects me too negatively than I'll put winters on my stock rims and put summers on my new rims when these tires wear out.

#24 ·
greenkawasaki said:
alken: Congrats, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics! Did seeing the wheels on my car influence your decision, or were you getting these all along?

airkore: I just bought some gorilla locks today for my wheels. Thanks for the heads up.
I just bought another set of locks for my wheels....you can never be too safe in these parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.