E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-2016, 12:52 AM   #281
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Feb 8, 2016 New OEM Wheel Bearings

Well there are a lot of threads with people getting lucky to find oem wheel bearings for their non-Ms from AutoZone. Wish this was the case with the M3. Out wheel bearings have a few different holes and aligning pins on the hub face. Seeing how I've had a few miles on the car and these have never been changed I wanted to refresh the front. So a pair of OEM Wheel bearings, new dust caps, seals and front nuts ordered from the guys at FCP Euro and then installed. I had to buy the new 46mm nut for the job. Car never made any graoning from the front but it does feel more smooth now.

46mm nut

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 02-18-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #282
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Very nice Alex!
thanks Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONIKE46 View Post
Hm, interesting. I may look into finding a zhp rack. I know you can order them via rackdoctor.net but I want to ask them some questions on if I can fit a Z3 steering rack and which one he would recommend to me for the e46 chassis. The stock rack on the e46 chassis are relatively the same, but for some reason the ZHP and the z3 have significantly shorter ratios; the z3 rack being the shortest. The thing that interests me on the z3 rack is I've heard that it can fit on the e46 with some slight modification. But the z3 itself is much smaller of a car so maybe the z3 rack would be proportionate to a "track oriented" daily e46 coupled with my suspension mods as is.
it's hard to say which one you'd like the best. it's not only the amount the rack travels but some are said to be linear while others progressive. so depending on the driving you do and the set-up you have on your car changes things too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
Very clean. I wish I had it. Which navigation unit do you have?
update to the lastest Dynavin. had the early Dynavin before and loved it so figured i would give the next model a try.
btw my old one will be FS if i like this one
Old 02-20-2016, 08:28 AM   #283
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Just looked through the entire thread Alex. Incredible work and very tasteful modding
Old 02-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #284
jaga

My Ride: 2002 325i
Wow!!! 2011 - 2016.. Great motivation to keep them forever....
jaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #285
austine46

My Ride: m54b25
inspirational stuff right here

everyone's a critic
FS: coupe facelift xenons, stock headers no cats, stock sport suspension for coupe, oil separator, non m coupe lip
austine46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #286
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Just looked through the entire thread Alex. Incredible work and very tasteful modding
thanks Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga View Post
Wow!!! 2011 - 2016.. Great motivation to keep them forever....
thanks, yep keep up on them and they'll return the smiles on the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by austine46 View Post
inspirational stuff right here
thank you. it's definitely a hobby and passion. been holding off on a few things i wanted to do but just did one of the last group of things yesterday.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #287
Alex323Ci

2-25: Giubo, Trans mounts, CSB

Well after ~45 thousand miles my UUC black trans mount failed. UUC sent some new ones quickly under warranty but I'm not excited to see how badly they failed.
thread here http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=16908266

At this same time with the overall miles on car I wanted to do the CSB and flex disc (aka giubo). The center support bearing showed some signs of wear but nothing too bad but the stronger M3 giubo had a lot of hairline cracks through-out. So I'm glad I did these now and not waited too long. Got lucky enough to have a shop lift on this job.

With the giubo, CSB, centering bushing and nut replacement parts I went all OEM. Using quality on these parts may cost more but you won't be back in doing it again anytime soon. I've made that mistake with a less expensive giubo, only to have it shred under 10K miles.
All the old parts.

With new parts the car feels better. Especially the shifter feel, when the trans mounts go it moves around some. Now it's a very solid feel and no vbrations through the lever. Shifting is effortless again. It doesn't rock at all on sharp turns.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:51 AM   #288
Alex323Ci

2-29 Exhaust Cam Sensor

Ok, well the day after doing the maintenance work on the driveline I get a SES light. Check the codes and it's the Exhaust Cam Sensor
Which makes sense as I've had a slight idle stutter now and then.

So off to BMW for a new one, little guy is expensive too..ugh. Again this is something that is smart to use Genuine BMW on as the aftermarket ones have bad reputations of failing quickly.
Stupid litle bugger is really in a tight area and tricky to get to and replace unlike the other E46s. So after some scratched up knuckles (because gloves take up to much room in the tight spot). Replaced it, code gone and car silky smooth at idle again. As shown BMW for the M3 has made this part wider and hopefully improved.
For M3 owners interested. New version on Left and Old version on Right
Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #289
trizzuth

My Ride: 231k, 16yr old B3AST
Nice progress man, that is NUTS about those UUC trans bushings!
Old 03-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #290
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Nice progress man, that is NUTS about those UUC trans bushings!
yes it was pretty crazy seeing that. i have them in a box and they have leaked out all over the box.

i will be checking the new replacement soon. so far they feel great so i don't suspect they're goo.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:53 PM   #291
Alex323Ci

March 24 VCG and Valves

Another entry to the M3s car journal. Thursday I replaced the valve cover gasket and all those other gaskets and rings with oem replacements. Checked the vanos hub tabs while in there and the valve adj. Photo doesn't look as copper-goldish on the cylinder head and cams as it did in person. Everythng checked out and looks good.
On a side note, good thing I bought two new copper crush o-rings from BMW. Because I managed to lose both the old ones taking off oil drain line on the left side. Hadn't had that happen before. I had even stuffed a towel on the left side of engine and bay to stop anything from falling down into the abyss that is the engine tray. But little tricky guys managed to fall down a small heat shielding hole...ugh.
most parts bought from Gareth and the great crew over at FCP Euro

Old 05-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #292
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
first time going through this. love love love it

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #293
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
I will be back in Southern California towards the end of May and for the most of June. I'll be around Surf City for some of the time. Maybe we can meet up over a drink or something and chat about cars and other stuff

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:13 AM   #294
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
I will be back in Southern California towards the end of May and for the most of June. I'll be around Surf City for some of the time. Maybe we can meet up over a drink or something and chat about cars and other stuff
thanks for invite. send me a pm when you're around.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:01 AM   #295
willysalazar1

My Ride: 2003 330ci
I had read the entire thread awesome work Alex . Beautiful car .
Cheers from México

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando E46Fanatics
willysalazar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #296
Alex323Ci

10-27-16 Motorsport WP and T-stat

well back in October replaced the waterpump with a Genuine BMW M3 pump. Last one was on it's way out.
At this time I figured why not install the cooler more expensive Motorsport 55*C thermostat pn 11531417215.
Well since my car isn't a dedicated track car it really didn't need it. Sold it later to a track friend and went back to stock 80*C.
And of course only Genuine BMW coolant for the system.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #297
Alex323Ci

3-18-17 tps

Well after switching the top TPS to help with a throttle issue and code. Decided it would be a good idea to swith the bottom one also.
Thing is, the top is real easy to do, the bottom one you have to take the whole intake runner box off. First time was a pain, the second time much easier.
Replaced the rubber boots and clamps while in there. Throttle plates weren't too bad looking. It provided a very nice smooth feel in the throttle I forgot was there. Wish I had done them sooner.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:17 AM   #298
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Love seeing progress being done on your car Alex!