E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #41
RandyB

My Ride: '03 330i
Some older images of my E46

I believe Leather was a stand alone option if you did not get the 'Premium Package' which I opted out of. I remember considering Leatherette but just didn't know enough about it to chance it.

Here are some photos of it from a few years back. It still looks pretty good as I perform paint correction once a year. It has 84k on it so far and runs like a top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	330i_1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	634784   Click image for larger version

Name:	330i_2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	634785   Click image for larger version

Name:	330i_4.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	634786   Click image for larger version

Name:	330i_5.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	634787  

RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #42
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
I believe Leather was a stand alone option if you did not get the 'Premium Package' which I opted out of. I remember considering Leatherette but just didn't know enough about it to chance it.

Here are some photos of it from a few years back. It still looks pretty good as I perform paint correction once a year. It has 84k on it so far and runs like a top.
Absolutely beautiful Randy! What a car. I'll never get over how well the MTech1 kit sets off the E46's lines. And yours looks absolutely mint. Looks like it could give Mango (our resident uber-finicky maintenance nazi OEM-only fanatic) a run for his money.

Why don't you start a build/maintenance thread here in the Showroom? As an original owner, we'd love to hear your purchase and ownership story, and of course see more pics of the 330.
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #43
RandyB

My Ride: '03 330i
Thanks!

Thanks so much for the kind words. I saw Mango's first when I was searching this forum and then saw yours and decided to take a closer look around.

I need to take some updated photos and perhaps then I will start a maintenance thread. I have a few things to replace on the horizon but nothing out of the ordinary. I look forward to digging deeper into all of the great info that is posted here!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #44
EthirD

My Ride: '02 325iT, '07 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post

This car looks awesome. Just from a casual observation POV, it seems that manual ZSP cars may be harder to find than ZHPs, and they're beginning to command similar prices.

I gotta say, the bright reds are easily one of the most flattering colors on the E46. Love it.

BMW CCA Member #480924
EthirD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:18 PM   #45
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

Quick update: After living with a tiny hairline crack in the upper radiator neck for a little while, it started leaking a bit more, so I decided to replace it last weekend. No pics unfortunately.

Very straightforward job. I had a lower rad hose and thermostat so I put them on as well. The electric fan makes life SO easy; no more wrangling with the WP pulley nut.

Everything snapped back together just fine except for a small leak in the lower hose's temp sensor. I replaced the o-ring with one from Advance Auto (will order the "correct" green one in due time); absolutely no leaks. Tight as a drum.

This was interesting: I'd been dealing with P0491/492 codes (secondary air injection) for a while, and every few months I would get a P0128 (thermostat) code---hence the t-stat replacement. I would clear the 491/492 only for them to reappear in a few drive cycles, but after replacing the t-stat and clearing the codes, they haven't been back since Saturday, far longer than is usual. Jfoj is the authority obviously, but I wonder if the SA system gleaned some information from the t-stat?

Current: '02 330i/5 '10 Mazda5 '72 240Z
Past: '85 GSL-SE '95 540i/6 '95 525i/5 '86 635CSi/5 '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S
Old 10-09-2016, 03:41 AM   #46
stapler12345

My Ride: Mineral White F30
nice. my first BMW was a 2001 325i Orient Blue with M68s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:32 AM   #47
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
Very nice and clean. This is one of my favorite E46's on the site. I don't know, I'm honestly not even a sedan fan for the most part. But when I get to see that pic in your sig, I can't help but get a good feeling in me. I love the color, the contrast of the wheels, everything. Well specced, well cleaned, well done
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #48
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
Very nice and clean. This is one of my favorite E46's on the site. I don't know, I'm honestly not even a sedan fan for the most part. But when I get to see that pic in your sig, I can't help but get a good feeling in me. I love the color, the contrast of the wheels, everything. Well specced, well cleaned, well done
Thank you sir! Appreciate it muchly.

Wish I could get one of the 9723423819057245 professional photographers on this site to come out and shoot my car. I have a DSLR with the kit lens but don't know my way around it enough to get the kinds of pics you guys have. I got lucky with the sig pic.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #49
YoitsTmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
Thank you sir! Appreciate it muchly.

Wish I could get one of the 9723423819057245 professional photographers on this site to come out and shoot my car. I have a DSLR with the kit lens but don't know my way around it enough to get the kinds of pics you guys have. I got lucky with the sig pic.
If I wasn't across the damn country I totally would! As someone who uses photography to put gas in the car, all I will say it is all in the beholder, not the equipment. Keep up the good work, and don't change that sig!
Old 10-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #50
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
If I wasn't across the damn country I totally would! As someone who uses photography to put gas in the car, all I will say it is all in the beholder, not the equipment. Keep up the good work, and don't change that sig!
I won't change it until I get a better one; how about that? I like the sig pic also b/c it highlights the fact that the car is a slicktop.

I've heard that I can still get good results with the kit lens. I really need to scout some locations around town at some point. I gave the E46 a much-needed bath yesterday and it really cleans up nice. Deserves another photoshoot.

Last edited by Spannerhead; 10-10-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #51
YoitsTmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
I won't change it until I get a better one; how about that? I like the sig pic also b/c it highlights the fact that the car is a slicktop.

I've heard that I can still get good results with the kit lens. I really need to scout some locations around town at some point. I gave the E46 a much-needed bath yesterday and it really cleans up nice. Deserves another photoshoot.
Yeah! You can't get better unless you try . I have a video on light painting. Even I can admit it's a bit dry, but the results are superb. Can be done for $30 and comparable to it being done with more expensive equipment. Channel link is right image. I plan on doing more photo tutorials down the road
Old 10-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #52
wallaby13

My Ride: 330i 5MT
Every time I open your thread I'm reminded that we bought our cars at nearly the same time yet yours has gotten much more loving than mine.

Keep up the work and pictures!
Old 10-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #53
white_335i

My Ride: 03 330i/M3/5/6 spd
Question, Is midnight metalic and orient blue the same color? Window sticker on my car says midnight blue and the PO said she is sure that she ordered midnight blue, but the paint code on the shock tower says oriental blau..
white_335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #54
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_335i View Post
Question, Is midnight metalic and orient blue the same color? Window sticker on my car says midnight blue and the PO said she is sure that she ordered midnight blue, but the paint code on the shock tower says oriental blau..
They're two different colors. Never heard of midnight blue though. You sure it's not carbon black?

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #55
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

It's the little things:

Managed to squeeze all three cars in the garage:

My dad is coming to pick up the 240Z soon. Should have more breathing room then.

So I bent the driver's side tie rod back on the 23rd. Lowered the car during an oil change with a jackstand still under the tie rod and put a nice kink in it:

So I ordered a pair of Lemforder replacements:

and fixed it this weekend. Ball joints came off very easily with my Harbor Freight ball joint tool. 20 secs per side; no foolin':

One of the bellows was torn, so I ordered another and just reused the good side. Seems like they've moved to a new design though:

Everything fit fine though.

Needs an alignment something fierce! I approximated the length of the tie rods but it's still off, and a little spooky to drive. Both hands on the wheel on the way to the alignment shop tomorrow for sure.....

Current: '02 330i/5 '10 Mazda5 '72 240Z
Past: '85 GSL-SE '95 540i/6 '95 525i/5 '86 635CSi/5 '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S
Old 01-02-2017, 03:32 AM   #56
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
Well done!

DIY: E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting
DIY: Wiring City Lights, Rear Fogs, and Rear Camera in a Touring
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #57
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
Well done!
Thanks Rick!

So after a very scary drive to the alignment shop, I'm pleased to report that everything has been sorted with the car handling-wise. Steering is tight as a drum, perfectly centered with no tramlining, bump steer or kickback whatsoever. The car feels so good to drive now.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #58
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Nice update. What plans do you have for the car at this time?

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #59
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

No plans other than fixing what's broken and basic maintenance. Lots of little things:

- Busted cowl piece
- Slightly creased driver's side skirt
- Scuffed up bumper bottom
- Missing passenger front fender liner
- Full detail
- Slightly squeaky brakes
- Torn trunk harness boot (elephant trunk)
- Free up stuck exhaust flapper
- Replace rusted exhaust bolts with stainless pieces
- Fix AM radio reception

Longer-term:

- Shift detent pin replacement
- Fuel pump preventative replacement
- New tires

Mod-wise, there's not a whole lot on my list:

- ZHP shift knob
- M3 steering wheel
- AUX input for iPod

I think that's it. Might like to try a different set of wheels at some point but for right now I like the 68s.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #60
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
If you have a euro tray I really like my aux installed in the otherwise useless pen holder.

DIY: E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting
DIY: Wiring City Lights, Rear Fogs, and Rear Camera in a Touring
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote