E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #301
KhanArt

My Ride: 04 M3 JB/Cinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
What foam gun did you end up buying?
I got the one from AutoGeek. The larger size one. It's probably the best you can do before you go to the big leagues with a pressure washer and MTM Foam Cannon.

I trying to stay away from getting a pressure washer because of limited garage space.. but we will see.
IG: Khan_Art_
KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #302
KhanArt

Received a few things in the mail and waiting on some more. Just don't have the time so these small projects will have to wait for now. Will post actual pictures once I get to it.

I bought a Milwaukee Rotary tool with Dremel accessories and metal polish. Going to attempt to polish my vanos.

I also received some 3M wrap for my steering trim and interior door handles. Figured I give this a shot before I replace the trim which would be prone to chipping again. Pretty close match to titan shadow. I'm not excited to do this myself.

Finally I just now ordered this brace to replace the oem one under the car. Very happy with my oil cap from Max (mpracing) so I'm sure this will be great too. It's on sale so I recommend hopping on it now.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #303
KhanArt

Here's a shot taken by a local photographer at the unveiling of the Aventador S at Lambhorgini of Sterling. I'll have more pictures and details once I get a chance to install the parts and edit pictures.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #304
KhanArt

Final high res jpegs just came in from Wes. I cannot stress how pleased I am with the turnout of these prints. I haven't even received my 24x36 print and am already blown away. Wes was very easy to work with and was able to meet all my requirements. The level of detail is amazing. I highly recommend him and will use him again. Please check out his work at Motive Artworks.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #305
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
Update: November/December 2016 Detail/Single Step Paint Correction, Spacers, Gloss Black Grills and Gills, Trunk Badge, Misc Parts/Supplies

This update is a bit overdue. Busy with work and kids and just a bit lazy. Anyways a recap of some small items over the past few months. Cell phone pics for now.

Not sure if the results show in the pictures but I spent some nights in November detailing and doing a single step paint correction. What was done:

Wheels/tires cleaned with Ammo Brute, Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner, and dressed with Car Pro Perl. Various brushes (Wheel Whoolies, Speed Masters, ect.)
Foam wash with Chemical Guys Honey Dew soap
Decon with Car Pro Iron X
Clay bar Meguiars
Nanoskin Autoscrub
Washed again with Chemical Guys Gloss Workz
Dried with Ammo Hydrate
Polished with Menzerna SF4000 using Rupes LHR75E HD and LHR21 Mark II
Prepped with Car Pro Eraser
Coated with Ammo Reflex
Sealed with Menzerna Power Lock
Waxed with P21S paste wax
Spray wax with Ammo Spit
Windows with Stoners Invisible Glass
Been a while since I've checked out the thread...Looking amazing! What kind of time did this detail take? I thought I was detailed, but I'll typically wash, clay bar, Menzerna 4000, and S21S wax...I'll throw in the Menzerna 2500 before the 4000 if needed (very rare).

Do you detail on the side? If so, I'd be curious what you would charge for this level of work.

I need to pickup my detailing supplies and get a better Polisher...Not in love with my Porter Cable 7424.

Anyway, nice work...always enjoy seeing the progress/updates!
Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #306
KhanArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mvious View Post
Been a while since I've checked out the thread...Looking amazing! What kind of time did this detail take? I thought I was detailed, but I'll typically wash, clay bar, Menzerna 4000, and S21S wax...I'll throw in the Menzerna 2500 before the 4000 if needed (very rare).

Do you detail on the side? If so, I'd be curious what you would charge for this level of work.

I need to pickup my detailing supplies and get a better Polisher...Not in love with my Porter Cable 7424.

Anyway, nice work...always enjoy seeing the progress/updates!
Hey, thanks! This actually took almost a month only because I worked on it off and on at nights for a few hours at a time when I could. With two young kids and a being busy from work I just don't have the time like I used to. I want to say I spent between 8 to 16 hours but really not sure. It was some time ago and I didn't keep track. When you want the job done right you don't want to rush.

I used to detail on the side when I had time. Nothing big at all did a handful of cars a year. I know the pros charge a lot but I was very cheap. It was all friends cars and they let me keep the cars for days.

I learned over time it's just best to hold out and get quality products and tools. Not saying the PC is bad, I had a GG first but my Rupes is amazing. Does a better job in less time.

Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #307
trizzuth

My Ride: 231k, 16yr old B3AST
In for pics of polished vanos. I did a small spot on the valve cover of my wife's Ford Flex and just over one winter it was dull and corroded again so this will not last here in the northeast...

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #308
KhanArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
In for pics of polished vanos. I did a small spot on the valve cover of my wife's Ford Flex and just over one winter it was dull and corroded again so this will not last here in the northeast...

Sadly I have not been able to do it yet. I hope it lasts longer for me. I don't daily my car and it's garaged so hopefully that will help.

Looking forward to when I have time to finally install all the parts and small projects I have on hold.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #309
DS3IAM

My Ride: M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
Here's a shot taken by a local photographer at the unveiling of the Aventador S at Lambhorgini of Sterling. I'll have more pictures and details once I get a chance to install the parts and edit pictures.

Love the amber look on the car!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...3#post16994463
DS3IAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #310
albelopez

My Ride: 2004 e46 m3 6mt
Excellent thread. Keep up the good work!

albelopez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #311
KhanArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS3IAM View Post
Love the amber look on the car!
Thank you, it goes well with my seats and future brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by albelopez View Post
Excellent thread. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I really am hoping I will have time soon to install the parts I ordered over winter.