E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2003 325i HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT *PROJECTORS*

26K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  umnitza 
#1 · (Edited)
So My headlights are crappy and really bad vision. they are the simplest headlights a bmw could have. You could see them in my pictures or let me know to upload a picture.
I been doing a research to fully change my headlights with angel eyes all included, Also changing the turning lights and the tail lights as well all together. And this is what I find out.:confused:

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

From EAS. Total cost. $ 1,006:thumbdwn:
Includes:
DEPO - e46 Sedan Projector Headlamp Set (02-05) Price : $683.00
Comes with: -
- Lighting Output 55W Slimline 6000K HID
- Angel Eyes aurora 60LED Technology
That means for the e2 - aurora 60LED Angel Eye Kit - 3 Series is an extra : $199.00

e46 Post-facelift Sedan Front Turn Signal Lamp/Corner Set - Smoked: $35.00

High Intensity Discharge Lamp (HID) Xenon Bulb Set: $89.00

I COULDN'T FIND SMOKED TAIL LIGHTS FOR E46 FROM THE EAS WEBSITE.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Now from JleviSW. Total Cost. $ 718.00:thumbdwn:
Projector46 Headlight Set for the BMW E46 - Sedan & Wagon 2002-2005 : $ 285.00

OPTIONAL UPGRADE - 6000K HID Lowbeams : $ 109.00

OPTIONAL UPGRADE - LED Angel Eyes : $ 129.00

E46 Facelift Sedan Front Turn Signals - Smoked: $ 36.00

Crystal LED Tail Lights for all BMW E46 - Facelift Sedan - Smoked: $ 159.00

Last from Umnitza. Total Cost. $ 890.94:thumbdwn:
Projector46***8482; Premium Sedan 2002-2005 Facelifted with Orion: $ 574.97
Includes:
- Car Type Sedan
- Xenon 50W Slim High Output Xenon OEM D2S System
- Pre-Installed Yes, Please
- Angel Eyes Predator Orion V2
- Car Model 2002-2005 3-series Sedans
- Clear Film Protection No Thank You
- Bulbs No Thank You
- Xenon Fogs No, I do not wish to have Xenon fogs with my order

BMW E46 Crystal Smoked: $39.99

BMW E46 Eagle Eyes LED Tails Pair (3-series 99-2005 Sedan Only): $ 225.99
BTW THE EAGLE EYES LED WERE CHEAPER THEN THE CRYSTAL LED.

OE Xenon Replacement (D2S) : $ 49.99

Edited:
Adding DDM Tuning Prices Total : $ 639.95
DEPO P46 Sedan, 02-05, DDM 55W, 6K, Ultra HD: $ 464.95
Includes:
HID Manufacturer: DDM 55W (+$20.00)
Model: 02+ Facelifted Sedan (+$50.00)
Angel Eyes: DDE Ultra HD (+$119.95)
Bulb Color: 6000K

E46 Sedan Corner, 02-05, Smoked: $ 30.00

E46 Sedan LED Tail Lights, 02-05, Red / Smoked : $ 145.00

Only problem is That angel eyes need to be bake with the headlights and I don't think I'm up for that type of challenge.

Added Khoalty Prices. Total : $ 614.95
DEPO High Perfomance Projector46 Sedan (2002-2005): $ 395.00
Includes:
These come with the factory DEPO Angel Eyes as well.

Premium High Powered LED Angel Eyes : $ 50.00
Includes:
HID/Xenon/Projector Headlights, White, No Warranty

E46 Smoked LED Taillights: $ 145.00

E46 Coupe Depo Smoked Corners: $ 24.95

I don't really know much of Khoalty. So by their LED Angel Eyes having no warranty doesn't give me a big smile.

Now guys. What do you guys recommend me to get????:banghead: They all different prices for different items. Pretty expensive if you ask me.:ben::read:
Any recommendations? Thanks:thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's where I got the information for :

DEPO - e46 Sedan Projector Headlamp Set (02-05) Price : $683.00
Comes with: -
- Lighting Output 55W Slimline 6000K HID
- Angel Eyes aurora 60LED Technology
That means for the e2 - aurora 60LED Angel Eye Kit - 3 Series is an extra : $199.00

#8 ·
yes, but it's not worth it:) It's really for the 'cheap' gotta have some sort of lights on the car crowd.

So My headlights are crappy and really bad vision. they are the simplest headlights a bmw could have. You could see them in my pictures or let me know to upload a picture.

Last from Umnitza. Total Cost. $ 890.94:thumbdwn:
Projector46***8482; Premium Sedan 2002-2005 Facelifted with Orion: $ 574.97
Includes:
- Car Type Sedan
- Xenon 50W Slim High Output Xenon OEM D2S System
- Pre-Installed Yes, Please
- Angel Eyes Predator Orion V2
- Car Model 2002-2005 3-series Sedans
- Clear Film Protection No Thank You
- Bulbs No Thank You
- Xenon Fogs No, I do not wish to have Xenon fogs with my order

BMW E46 Crystal Smoked: $39.99

BMW E46 Eagle Eyes LED Tails Pair (3-series 99-2005 Sedan Only): $ 225.99
BTW THE EAGLE EYES LED WERE CHEAPER THEN THE CRYSTAL LED.

OE Xenon Replacement (D2S) : $ 49.99

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now guys. What do you guys recommend me to get????:banghead: They all different prices for different items. Pretty expensive if you ask me.:ben::read:
Any recommendations? Thanks:thumbup:
First, you do not need need the 50W system, the canbus system, while the same price also saves you money - you do not have to go get your car reflashed. Add either a wiring harness/adapter for $35-50 more on other products or a $75 reflash at the dealer <-- we call this a hidden, oops cost that you don't account for because it's not discussed.

Second, the Orion V2 - just do a search on the forum and our Youtube channel - is the most widely regarded and highest quality angel eyes kit.

And finally, give us a call, see if Tim, Anthony, or Josh are in a good mood, they may be able to give you a better price on the phone.

#11 ·
Just shop around, all depo headlights are the same. Warranty can be bought on angel eyes. Eagle Eyes taillights are the only ones that acutally work with no errors. DEPO LED taillights will throw errors like no tomorrow. Eagle Eyes is DOT and proven, keep with what works and gives you less problems.

If you want the best, I highly suggest going on ebay and buying yourself a set of OEM headlights, you will never get anything better than that, that is plug and play. You can always do a retrofit but that is more money out of your pocket, I think that is the last thing on your mind. Before you buy just browse around and look for a nice used set of oem headlights, you will be more happy in the end. I am for DEPO but if you can pay the same price for OEM and just replace the lens to get a set of headlights that look just as new, this is the best option for ya.

#12 ·
i honestly would suggest looking into a used set of oem projectors..depos/p46s aren't the highest quality you can get, oem projectors are a decent quality and will last a lot longer. the only thing is the angel eyes arent built into them. but honestly the light output/spread/etc. is worth it, get some angel eyes that are made for oem projectors, some oem ballasts/ignitors/bulbs (all can be found on ebay for pretty cheap) and call it a day. If you want ultimate light output, go fx-r....but thats a whole nother can of worms :4ngie:

#13 ·
Just went through all of this with my 04 325i a little while ago. From what I understood the stock car would not accept the new xenon projectors without some error canceling connector crap that supposedly has like a 75% success rate. I did not want to go that route. Umnitza sells the p46's with this "canbus ballast" that allows a stock halogen model car to accept the xenon's and also helps them not flicker on and off like alot of other p46's will do. They gave me a great price, something like 400 shipped. Just my 2 cents. Umnitza was good company to deal with. Cant say i know to much about any of the others. except for ddm. I know they are the cheapest but I have had nothing but terrible experiences with them.

#16 ·
All DEPO headlights are exactly the same in terms of quality and which vendors sell them.
There are however minor things about the DEPO headlights that require a trained eye to help "better" them so they work better than just out of the box. These are minor things but we do take care of them.

As far as the best, nothing beats OEM in most cases, however the P46s with the FXR retrofit retrofit are the best - but even more expensive than finding a used one on eBay.

One other major consideration is what you find on eBay sometimes has quirks that are overlooked because it's "OEM" - stuff like bad seals, broken tabs, and ultimately you really don't know what you're getting when it's used. Be careful, shop around, and if you have time, give us a call.

#24 ·
You said "We sell them, they are about $250 over the cost of any P46s - the $150 for the FXR, $65 to install them, and another 35 for the adapters you'll need for the D2S bulbs."

That means that is pre-install to just plug the old one out and plug this one in?? Can you put angel eyes on FXR?? If so, How much will it be the total if you add your orion v2 to it?

I believe you don't install your products right?

#25 ·
it's a little more than just to plug them in. We actually have to rebuilt and create a bracket system for them to hold in place and level just like the original projector is.
Also, there is a bit of an issue with the projector sitting out further back than the standard one, so you need to have a cover that is larger.

We install all the projectors and built them up in house.

#30 ·
i still don't get it abt the whole projector headlight upgrade. i got 325i facelift sedan and planning to buy projector headlight.

i was thinking to get eagle eyes projector headlight, it also comes with angel eyes kit. am i gonna have any fitting issues?? and what about the bulb? i want to buy xenon kit but not so sure which one to get?? i'm afraid it's gonna cause error.
what is FX-R retrofit?
please someone explain to me.

#32 · (Edited)
The Eagle Eyes projectors are some of the lowest quality projectors available for their price. I would steer clear of those.

The FXR retrofit is a full projector reinstall inside an existing headlight. It basically gives you bixenon functionality with factory quality output (or better) and simple plug and play.

For $650-700 - the price of a quality USED set of OEM headlights - you can get better light output, better warranty, and higher quality angel eyes with the Projector46s found on this page:
Projector46 Facelifted Sedan - our most popular for pre-facelifted sedans and coupes - starting at $349 complete

Photo added to showcase the FXR:

#31 ·
I just did mine 3 months ago, go with oem. dont rush something this important. Check all the bmw forums ads, for people selling them. I got the whole oem setup w/ angel eyes, and all bulbs for $700. Not the cpeahest you can find but the lights were in an immaculate condition.

#38 ·
As far as AE's, go Umnitza. The projectors are all made by depo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.