E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Alcon 4 Wheel BBK Installed Pics!!

8K views 49 replies 38 participants last post by  nolocontendere 
#1 ·
After extensively reviewing the options and wanting a BBK from the day I bought the car, I finally pulled the trigger on the 4 wheel Alcon kit. I can honestly say that I have done quite a few mods to my car and my expectations were very high with respect to this kit, and this kit in aesthetics alone has far exceeded my expectations. The pictures don't do it justice. You need to see them in person. They look outrageous. The silver/black combination just oozes class like the brakes on an AMG car. No gaudy flashy in your face colors needed. Note that the aggressive slotting pattern looks better than cross drilled but yet performs better than cross drilled and traditional slotting on the track. Frankly, I haven't tracked them yet (I have two events in september), but if the feel on the street in any indicator I am going to be amazed.

The front rotors are 365mm and still fit under on 18" rim. Note that the calipers are true monobloc calipers and have much more clearance then anything else on the market--look at the picture of the clearance on the front wheel--those are CSL reps WITHOUT spacers--look how much clearence there is! Neither Brembo nor Stoptech will clear without spacers. Also note that notwithstanding the size these are still significantly lighter than the stock brakes.

Oh, and these can be had for no more than a Brembo kit--there is a common misperception that you have to spend $7K for this performance.

Finally, while these are distributed in the USA by Stasis Engineering, these are authentic Alcon brakes straight out of the UK. I can post pics of the packaging from Alcon if anyone is interested.

I will report more when I get my track tires mounted to my 18" track wheels so you can see the clearance on 18". I also will report back once I hit the track.

See less See more
#6 ·
how much did they run you?

#9 ·
These brakes can be had for less than you all think (and less than the best deal on the Brembo 6pot kit). Contact either Stasis Engineering or VF Engineering.

The Generals are absolutely fine for the street (I've even tracked them at five HPDE events with no issues). Frankly, I would NEVER spend the extra money on more expensive street tires. I just bought a set of lightweight 18" track wheels and 275 Nitto NT-01 R comps for the track and will post additional pics when I have them mounted. Look at it this way--I applied all the money I saved on two sets of Generals towards my dedicated set of track wheels and tires. How does that not make the most sense?

#10 ·
The Alcons do look good!
But with them being a monoblock construction, does that mean you have to remove the caliper to change pads? I've looked in various sites, doesn't look like those have a way to pull the pads out of the top of the caliper -- bummer. They do look sweet thou!

#15 ·
Not initially. One of the great things about the Alcon kit is that the SBS ProTrack pads are also available. They are much better than the Ferodo 2500 because they have a MOT of 1292 degrees (the Ferodo's are around 1000), and the SBS are also streetable and make absolutely no noise whatsoever on the street (Ferodo 2500 can be noisy). Frankly, the SBS may be the best track/street crossover pad available. I'll let you know how they hold up on the track, but with a six piston front and 365mm slotted rotors, I expect that they will perform flawlessly on the track such that I won't even need to swap pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.