E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Ned's Build thread - 2001 Alpine White 325ci, a journey from 2001 - Present

10K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Ned's Bimmer 
#1 ·
Hey guys welcome to my build thread, I'll be showing off my modifications and changes made to the car over time, and i'll constantly update this thread whenever something changes, you guys know the drill! Thanks for looking!

My dad bought the car brand new back on August 24th, 2001. Heres what it looked like fresh out of the factory:

About a month after he picked it up, he decided to put a wing on the back, not sure why, but I dont think it looks too bad! I dont have any pics atm of the car stock with the wing.

My dad drove the car for about 9 years, then passed the car down to me. I had already been driving a couple of years, so he wasnt giving it to a new driver, I had just turned 18 years old at the time.

The miles it had on it when the keys were passed down to me in 2010:

My first mods were to get clear corners, sides, relectors, and some ccfl angel eyes!

My dads new ride, another e46!

Next mod, m3 replica front bumper!

Next mod had to be newe wheels, and I decided to pick up some 18x8 umnitza csl reps! And I threw on some 20mm spacers in the rear to get the flush look:

I then got bored of the chrome grilles and decided to go black!

Picked up some umnitza orion v2 opaque angel eyes:

And then some Led tails!

So thats what I got so far! Hopefully my next mod is some lowering springs, and possibly an m-tech II rear/csl front splitters. Let me know what you guys think!

Just a few more pics I got with my dslr:

See less See more
#4 ·
This.^

I'd also suggest more black up front to flow with the grill. Try some smoked corners.

Other than that, the only problem I see is the bit of plasti-dip falling off of the badge in the back. That bothers me. ;)

Great car Ned! :thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

This.^

I'd also suggest more black up front to flow with the grill. Try some smoked corners.

Other than that, the only problem I see is the bit of plasti-dip falling off of the badge in the back. That bothers me. ;)

Great car Ned! :thumbsup:
Thanks dude! I do want smoked corners, and even cf csl front splitters, I think I can rock it. I agree about the dip. :rofl:

#13 ·
Beautiful car, very clean and tastefull mods. I would recommend chrome exhaust tips to complement the rear. Cheap component but definitely gives a classy look. Since your front grill is gray and considering the beautiful alpine white color of your car I would highly recommend the glossy black window trim.

#22 ·
Thanks a lot! :hi:
Your car looks Great! But I'm not a fan of squared fitment. But the drop will be great! You gonna get any camber done?
Unfortunately I choose to go the most functional route, which is why I got square setup. I hope it will! haha as for the camber, not sure, I know it will look good, but if I do, it will only be a small amount, I dont like the slammed/poked look that some people have.
Whoa buddy.. When are you going to take some pictures of my car? :hi:

Your pictures, and your 325 look great! :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot buddy! You should come down here are meet with me, ervin, and eric! I'd love to get some pics of your car!:thumbsup:

#28 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! And phoenix, I dont think theres anything I can do about it. :(

And forgot to update in this thread: Installed the Usa Spec Pa12 ipod intergration, I love it! The wires are routed from to trunk up front underneath the interior, and out through the gap underneath the steering wheel. This means not one wire is exposed, and the installation is very clead and OEM looking. Then I got a vent ipod holder and it's all done!

What it looks like when Im done using it, nobody can see it underneath the wheel

The connection

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.