E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #1
urnvs

My Ride: M3
What are the differences between the coupe & convertible interiors?

I have a facelift 330ci with an interior thats getting pretty worn out, and I was wondering what the differences between the coupe interior and the convertible interior are (other than the obvious rear deck)?

Im hoping to find a good condition black interior to swap out with my tan one.
urnvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
big330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci vert
Front seats. Seat belts are intengral to the front seats on verts
Rear head rests are also different due to roll over protection bars.

Sent from my LG-D855 using E46Fanatics mobile app
big330ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
urnvs

Thanks for that. So the carpet, door panels, center console, rear seats and rear side panels are all the same?
Old 01-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Max'd out

My Ride: 04 330cic
The center console takes a different trim panel around the shifter and the armrests at the rear side panels are different sizes. I also believe the carpet is different because when ordering the floor mats, the sizes are not the same. The ash tray for the rear of the console may also be different.
Max'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
urnvs

So basically everything except the door cards has to come from a convertible
Old 01-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
TheRiddle
Sofa-king-what

My Ride: M52TUB28-Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'd out View Post
The center console takes a different trim panel around the shifter and the armrests at the rear side panels are different sizes. I also believe the carpet is different because when ordering the floor mats, the sizes are not the same. The ash tray for the rear of the console may also be different.

Carpet is different but armerest thing is the same for all e46

you can use vert's seats on coupe but not viceversa
Old 01-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
Archbid

My Ride: 2003 330cic
What are the differences between the coupe & convertible interiors?

On Realoem, find the part for your model, then click the part number and it will show a link that will list other models that use the part.

Strongly recommend you be patient and find a car that is at a recycler and buy the whole interior. Individual pieces can get very expensive.

I just did a convertible ran to black swap, so please feel free to reach out with questions. The hardest part by far is the dashboard and the front carpet. Do not listen to the postings that say you have to cut the carpet - YOU DO NOT!

Unique to convertible:
1. Front seats
2. Rear seats and body panels
3. Shifter trim plate - though you can use the sedan one
4. Center console is the same piece, but you need to cut the rear - a new console comes with a cutting template.
5. Critical! The latch and front of the convertible glovebox are different! The convertible has an electric latch that will lock the glovebox, the coupe and sedan do not. The wire is embedded in the front. Reuse your existing latch. Asmodeus has these.
6. If you buy upper trim panels (the top surface of the rear seat side panels) there are two designs, one from early models and one later. The later version is much less failure prone but not backwards compatible. The actual hinge is different between the earlier spring and post design and the later direct armature.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by Archbid; 01-12-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Archbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
VAB5

My Ride: 2005 ZHP Convertible
Here's what's different on a convertible: Front seats, rear seats (narrower, plus the subwoofer/ski pass-thru), rear cards, rear armrests (shorter in the convertible), carpet.
VAB5 is offline   Reply With Quote