E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Engine light on: After installing dinan cai (7 days) and AA exhaust (one day)

978 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  GordonMurray 
#1 ·
Has anyone had this problem before?
Car seems to be running just fine, aside from the annoying engine light. Any suggestion as to what this may be caused from?

Thanks in Advance.
Jeff

#5 ·
SES Light??

Enarchy said:
Has anyone had this problem before?
Car seems to be running just fine, aside from the annoying engine light. Any suggestion as to what this may be caused from?

Thanks in Advance.
Jeff
If you're refering to your "Service Engine Soon" light, try this, it worked for me:
QUOTE=///ACS330Ci]Thanks! I installed mine on Tuesday and everything went smoothly [/QUOT

Just as an FYI on some newer models the Conforti CAI may trigger the SES light don't bring it to the dealer they'll blame the intake and charge you to reset. I spoke to Josh when I had that issue come up after 1wk of installing the intake, just disconnect the battery 20min or so let the computer clear it's adaptive tables and it will set itself back up in learning modem and adjust to the increased airflow. 4mth later no problems.

Good Luck

#6 ·
325 & 55 said:
If you're refering to your "Service Engine Soon" light, try this, it worked for me:
QUOTE=///ACS330Ci]Thanks! I installed mine on Tuesday and everything went smoothly [/QUOT

Just as an FYI on some newer models the Conforti CAI may trigger the SES light don't bring it to the dealer they'll blame the intake and charge you to reset. I spoke to Josh when I had that issue come up after 1wk of installing the intake, just disconnect the battery 20min or so let the computer clear it's adaptive tables and it will set itself back up in learning modem and adjust to the increased airflow. 4mth later no problems.

Good Luck
regarding the battery disconnect, do i unplug just the negative wire? thanks.

one more thing, already checked the gas cap... if only that were the case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.