E46 Fanatics Forum banner

iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread

523K views 798 replies 150 participants last post by  jwibb 
#1 · (Edited)
If you will, I've thought of starting a new thread dedicated to SYSTXT, tweaking and fixing iGO and Primo issues. It's getting to be a bit of a chore looking for IGO and Primo content in the Dynavin hardware thread. Jeff's thread is starting to look like flea market if it isnt already. So let's try to centralize software mapping issues, infos and tips here folks :wow: Maybe we can call this Darkoz's corner :rofl:

Im gonna devirginized this thread and start off with an annoying issue, at least for me.

Is there a way to customize or eliminate the distance voice alerts when approaching a turn? For example: Eliminate the "In 800/300 meters turn left/right" alerts. I pref to hear only the last alert ie; "turn next left/right".

#20 ·
Some links to download primo/igo8.3.4 and Maps/poi/buildings would be great too!!

My issue right now....trying to get igo8.3.4 to work and it's telling me "out of memory" ....stuck and don't know what to do????
Make sure you're using the version of iGO Primo 1.1 that VasilisE posted to the dynavin forums. That version worked for me right out of the package.

I tried using a version that I found on the mobilepassion forums and that version didn't work very well. I kept getting "Out of Memory" errors when I boot it up. I think it's because the Dynavin only has 64MB of RAM.

Hi.

What are the differences between iGO 8.3.4 and Primo? Is it really worth the update?
iGO Primo 1.1 is a LOT better than iGO 8.3.4 in terms of the interface. The map is easier to read, the interface is less cluttered, and the settings are easier to adjust.

iGO 8.3.4 has a lot of features, especially with the dimka skin, but I use the default iGO Primo 1.1 setup and I really like it. The road names fade in as you get close to the intersection, so it just looks cleaner and easier to use.

Primo is mucho better imo. You can actually read the road names and all.

m3collins, is that antenna icon for TMC traffic? I never got TMC traffic working with any of the versions of iGO. I have a Dynavin V3 and I'm wondering if I need to get an antenna splitter or something to get RDS-TMC traffic information.

#8 ·
#11 ·
You wanna see how simple mine is? Running Primo.

[folders]
app="StorageCard/iGO Primo"

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"

[sound]
ding=0
pause_mp3_sooner=1
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1
maneuver_chimes=0
sound_muted=1
voice_muted=0
wheelsound=1
dynamic_volume_type=0

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
announce_exit_directions=1
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_name=1
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=0

That's it. Loads fast and quick....it's loaded by the time I get my seatbelt buckled and all. The more you mod the systxt file the slower the program gets.

#12 · (Edited)
Correct me if Im wrong. Systxt is provided as a means for users to customize their navigation experience. In your case, you have tts enabled. So why tell people to leave systxt file alone? It's kinda oxymoron doncha think? Maybe that was just a tongue-in-cheek remark? Me thinks you suspect people here are not sharp and can get into trouble if they mess with systxt? Yes and No. But it's not really that bad when people mess up as changes can be backed out easily.

As with new things and techno gadgets, there's always a learning curve. iGO and Primo is not really that complex imo. Lot of sharp people here... Just need to hold their hand a little..me included.

#13 · (Edited)
I think m3collins remark was tongue in cheek as was mine so it shouldn't be taken too seriously, there was certainly no offence intended.

On the topic of the sys.txt file, iGO will run happily without it at altogether, it's not needed for it to operate.
Most of the settings can be adjusted within iGO itself but there are some settings that are not available with the settings section of iGO.
For instance, I use Primo and when you are in the settings section each time you press an option with music playing at the same time the music pauses for a second which can be annoying and the only way to stop the music pause is to add the lines to the [sound] section listed in my sys.txt below.

My sys.txt file is very short and specific and there are probably some entries in there that I don't need and could delete.
For me the most needed entries in my sys.txt is the [sound] one I explained above and the [tts] entry which seems to help text to speech run smoother, so apart from that any other change I want to make I do within the settings section of the nav.

[folders]
app="StorageCard/iGO Primo"

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1
capture_to_jpeg=1
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"

[sound]
ding=0
pause_mp3_sooner=1
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1
maneuver_chimes=0
sound_muted=1;this one stops the music pause
voice_muted=0
wheelsound=1

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
announce_exit_directions=1
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_name=1
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=0

#21 · (Edited)
I must be doing something wrong, I keep getting an "error: user interface resolution (800x480) is not supported or skin can not be found."

#73 · (Edited)
got it. had to update the data.zip for one that supported 800x480.
Care to elaborate more. Im getting the same error when trying to load Primo. I have the chip from member 2003_328ci. How do you update the data.zip file?

I currently have the WinCE Patch running with the stock iGo 8. But when I swap mem chips with the Primo it wont run because of the resolution.

#22 ·
got it. had to update the data.zip for one that supported 800x480.

#44 ·
I assume you guys are using these models instead of the standard arrow? Every time I pick a car it doesn't do anything except show it on the side of the screen. I still have the arrow as my location designation. I am sure it is just a setting and not a big deal right now to me. I need to go through and figure out which nav program I like first and then get into customizing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.