E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Kyuubi

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330co
2001 330ci Auxiliary HELP!

Hey guys, I just made my account today in hope I can get some help or opinions. I've used this forum before and it's a great forum, I just now decided to great an account.

Anyway, I own a 2001 330ci and it's a little beat up and I'm doing some work to it. I've had it for about 7 months now and I've wanted to be able to listen to music from my phone since I've had the car, I just have not been able to find a solution. I've tried many options, such as installing my own, trying the soundplicity one from bavsound, and I even bought a newer stock head unit. (My head unit is pre 2002, so it has the 'CD' button as opposed to the 'MODE' button)
I may resort to an aftermarket head unit, as much as I don't want to.

Does anyone have a solution for my problem? And if not, what head unit would you recommend?

Thanks guys
Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
JapanRot325ci

My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
what was wrong with the sounplicity?

for headunit if you want a GPS, music player, dvd player then i recommand a dynavin clone or a 2002+ head unit and a AUx cable (aux cable is like $20)

Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
JapanRot325ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Yewzer B Lewzer

My Ride: 2003 325i
Why didn't the later model head unit work?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221421629142?nav=SEARCH

'03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Yewzer B Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
ChiMaster

My Ride: 01 330ci, 14 Explore
I use GROM Audio.

Allows bluetooth streaming audio and works with the steering wheel controls. I've had it for about three years now and it works well.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...sb2p-bmws.html
ChiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
KieranG

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yewzer B Lewzer View Post
+1
I got a newer unit as well with the Genuine BMW cable that plugs into the back from another member and so far it has worked flawlessly for me.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
JapanRot325ci

My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KieranG View Post
+1
I got a newer unit as well with the Genuine BMW cable that plugs into the back from another member and so far it has worked flawlessly for me.
i triple that. using the aux cable and routed into my small drug box in the middle console

Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
JapanRot325ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
Kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yewzer B Lewzer View Post

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221421629142?nav=SEARCH

The connections are different for the newer unit and the older unit, is there some sort of adapter possibly? The only connection that doesn't fit is the one that allows radio usage, I also tried installing an aux cable on this head unit and I couldn't get that to work either.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
what was wrong with the sounplicity?

for headunit if you want a GPS, music player, dvd player then i recommand a dynavin clone or a 2002+ head unit and a AUx cable (aux cable is like $20)
I'm unsure why the soundplicity didn't work, I installed it the way it was said to be installed and it charges my phone and I'm able to change songs via the steering wheel and head unit controls but there's no audio going through.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #9
KieranG

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
i triple that. using the aux cable and routed into my small drug box in the middle console
Haha I routed it the same way. Alsoat the "drug box" that's a good name

Tags
auxiliary, head unit, iphone, mp3