Big Collection of Modded Tourings

Tags
touring
2M views 4K replies 508 participants last post by  rain91 
#1 · (Edited)
Updated for the Third time...

See less See more
#3,684 ·
I'll have some new tires on mine shortly. Nothing too huge though. 255/35/19 all around. Anything much larger than that would require additional suspension mods and/or fender work more robust than just rolling. Since mine will be 95% street I'm not willing to go to those lengths at this time. We'll see if I can resist the slipperyness of the slope ;-)

Jay

#3,686 ·
track set ups

I run 17x8.5 with 245/40 or 255/40, you can run 18x9 with 255/35-18 depending on wheel offset in back you may need to cut and roll back fenders. I will be cutting and rolling mine in a few weeks when I swap motors.

With anything less than an S54 for track stick with 17.... I have been using Toyo R888 for track but have some used Hoosier R6 on now.

I run 18x8.5 X5 wheels with 12mm spacers my daily tire is the Nankan NS2 tires to. So far I have been very happy with them they are great in the rain and balanced up better than some other more expensive tires I have had.. Defiantly be buying more.... 50miles a day back and forth to work burns through some tires!!!!

#3,687 ·
I run 17x8.5 with 245/40 or 255/40, you can run 18x9 with 255/35-18 depending on wheel offset in back you may need to cut and roll back fenders. I will be cutting and rolling mine in a few weeks when I swap motors.

With anything less than an S54 for track stick with 17.... I have been using Toyo R888 for track but have some used Hoosier R6 on now.

I run 18x8.5 X5 wheels with 12mm spacers my daily tire is the Nankan NS2 tires to. So far I have been very happy with them they are great in the rain and balanced up better than some other more expensive tires I have had.. Defiantly be buying more.... 50miles a day back and forth to work burns through some tires!!!!
Dang it Gary...... sounds like an L.A. commute. BTDT for many years.

Jay

#3,690 ·
Just joined this forum recentely following the acquisition of a new to me, 325xi Touring in Orientblue Metallic!

Mileage upon purchase:

#3,695 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

I'm on ZHP front struts springs with dropped hats and ZHP rear springs. It came down a little from factory sport level, but I would like to go down a little more, like tires right on the fender wells. Right now, It really rides nice and soft.

What is anyone's experience with sport or race springs? Low cost coils overs...I drive daily and want to retain some suspension, not rigidness on road. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

#3,696 ·
View attachment 597404

I'm on ZHP front struts springs with dropped hats and ZHP rear springs. It came down a little from factory sport level, but I would like to go down a little more, like tires right on the fender wells. Right now, It really rides nice and soft.
How much of a drop do the ZHP struts/springs get you? Yours isnt an xi is it?

#3,702 ·
Totally wish I could have gotten a red one :(

The M Pars are great wheels. I have never been a fan of chrome though. I find it too "in your face".

#3,703 · (Edited)
Totally wish I could have gotten a red one :(
I've owned my hellrot touring for almost 3 years now and I still really don't like the color. I figured it would grow on me but it really still hasn't. I wish it wouldn't cost so much for a full color change.

#3,708 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure if my car was Imola I would be okay with it but the orange-red of the Hellrot just kinda turns me off. The more black I added with the tint, grills, and shadowline trim has made it somewhat bearable.

#3,711 · (Edited)
Oxford isn't everyones cup of tea. In fact I prefer every other color over Oxford, but after trading my TiAG E46 Touring for an M5 I missed it very very much. Within one month I was searching for another E46 touring and six months later this one showed up at a dealer within 10 miles from my house. I went by had a look and realized that the car was in pretty good condition, had all the options I wanted, all stock/never modified, had complete service records, and needed nothing at the point of purchase. It's been about 2 years since purchase and I've modded her a bit with mostly OE parts, she's still going strong and will be changing a few things soon (wheel color for sure).

#3,715 ·
Thanks!

WOAH. They made GREEN Tourings??? That is the first I have seen one ever! We totally need more pictures of this!!! :)
Yes sir. From my observations over the last 10 years or so the silver, black, and grey seem to be most popular, then the blues with Topaz Blue being the hardest one to find out of those, followed by the red and greens (with Grey Green being hardest color to find out of the bunch). I think that Sahara Beige Metallic is the rarest of them all. Of course these are the standard colors, there may be an individual car floating around North America somewhere. Of course this is a gross over generalization, but again just based on my observations.

Also grey green! My favorite!
View attachment 598657
Grey green is gorgeous! I had a grey green slicktop manual sedan. Best car I've ever owned!
Grey Green touring with a schwartz interior and sport packaged seems to be really hard to find.

#3,713 ·
WOAH. They made GREEN Tourings??? That is the first I have seen one ever! We totally need more pictures of this!!! :)