E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Broken vacuum line?

15K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  robj213 
#1 ·
So I replaced my Disa valve on Saturday, and noticed that the little elbow on the lower intake boot was starting to crack. Ordered one from the dealer and put it on last night. Unfortunately somewhere along the way I broke the smaller of the 2 vacuum lines the go to the "F" connector that plugs into the upper intake boot. Managed to patch it up temporarily, but In doin that pulled it out of whatever it's connected to on the other end. Does anyone know where that line goes to? Seems to run down low to the back of the engine. The dealer couldnt find any info at all on it. And surprising to me, car ran fine even with the other end of that line just hangin loose.
Thanks

#2 ·
You have two soft rubber ends (3 inches or so) of vacuum line with a hard plastic line in between. The line runs down to the fuel filter fuel pressure regulator. Buy some vacuum lines and slice the soft line where it ends (don't worry about slicing THROUGH the hard plastic line) and simply install new soft rubber line at both ends. I need to do a write up on this. It's that time again -- THE MANGO LIGHT IS LIT UP IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Haha I did that not too long ago when I was dropping in my new motor. Just for reference, the rubber vacuum hose you buy from the dealer is relatively cheap and comes in a whole meter length. That meter section of rubber hose is the same size for pretty much every vacuum line in the engine bay so you can replace all the brittle rubber ends, just cut to fit. It is a PITA to fit the rubber hose onto the plastic vacuum lines I wasnt able to feed my rubber hoses as far onto the lines as the original ones were but I got them on good enough to work. I replaced the "F" connector line that runs to the fuel filter, I believe some lines that run to the ccv, I could be mistaken, and the rubber hose on the line that connects to the secondary air pump.

#4 ·
Haha I did that not too long ago when I was dropping in my new motor. Just for reference, the rubber vacuum hose you buy from the dealer is relatively cheap and comes in a whole meter length. That meter section of rubber hose is the same size for pretty much every vacuum line in the engine bay so you can replace all the brittle rubber ends, just cut to fit. It is a PITA to fit the rubber hose onto the plastic vacuum lines I wasnt able to feed my rubber hoses as far onto the lines as the original ones were but I got them on good enough to work. I replaced the "F" connector line that runs to the fuel filter, I believe some lines that run to the ccv, I could be mistaken, and the rubber hose on the line that connects to the secondary air pump.
Use spit next time. Works really well and dries without any residue (providing you're not on a steady diet of Mobil 1)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.