E46 Fanatics Forum banner

In need of RSMs. Which to buy?

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  aggieE46 
#1 ·
It seems that my RSMs need to be replaced. Any pros and cons of different brands? I'd like to go to a more performance-oriented mount while I'm at it. I'm between Rogue and Ground Control right now, but I'm very open to opinions. Prices seem to be very similar. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

#13 ·
Actually it'd be rear SHOCK mounts.

To the OP, I'd go the OEM route. Pick up a pair of M3-spec RSM as well as the Z3 Reinforcement plate. There are plenty of people who have done this (including myself) and I've been nothing but pleased. Plus with the typical 20% discount on parts you can get at dealerships, they're the cheapest route. Everything else, Rogue, GC, etc... they're all the same stuff. May as well save some bucks.

#7 ·
hey im pretty ignorant when it comes to these things but what are the signs of a failing rsm

#8 ·
Popping, clunking... Normal BMW noises :)

It didn't end up being my RSMs, but I replaced them anyway. Did my RTABs, too... still not the culprit. Triple checked my swaybar endlinks and re-lubed my swaybar bushings... still clunking. Guess it's time to do every other rear bushing on the car... hah.

#10 ·
I checked the 2 rear points last night. I cleaned them off fairly well. They looked okay. I'll get under there this morning when I can get a better jack and check out the other 2. I may have you check them out anyway, though, just in case I miss something.

#17 ·
I think I'm going to put in the Bavauto bushings. Stiffer than stock, but not aluminum. I've had cars with solid diff and subframe bushings. Not necessary for my stage right now... but, I know you track quite a bit. Do you have a tool to remove/install? I'm going to try to rig one up.

#20 ·
Rogue and GC are very compareable.
We run the RE RSMs in our E36 IP car.
In my opinion, either RE or GC RSMs are going to be an improvement over stock RSMs.

#22 ·
+1 RE RSM everyone is forgetting the fact you can remove your rear shocks without tearing rear your trunk out since the nuts are under the fender. they work great with my koni SAs.:yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.