E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Aluminum Jack for the track suggestions

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jun14scr 
#1 ·
I have gone through two aluminum jacks already. I am looking for suggestions on my next jack. The first jack which lasted about 1 1/2 was from harbor freight. The other aluminum jack was from pepboys which only lasted about 9 months. I believe I don't abuse the jacks. I only use it to lift my M3 and my cousin's 01 Mustang Cobra.

Any suggestions??????????

#4 ·
Definitely get the Craftsman one from sears, it comes with a one year warranty so keep ur receipt n u get a brand new one if ur jack breaks!!! trust me i work at Sears. also if u r looking for the smaller one it usually goes on sale for 100 n the bigger for 150 just about every two weeks so be patient:shhh:

#5 ·
We use the Zinko line of jacks. They were so good, we started selling them. We have sold over 100 to club racers. The two we had lasted 9 years of hard track use!!!!

I just got two new ones to retire the 9 year old ones this week in fact.

Here is some info from the manufacturer:
http://www.zinko.com/images/gif/racing.html

We can make a forum deal if we get enough people interested.

These are not the cheap jacks from others - these things DO cost a bit more - but they last and are proven!

Thanks
Brad

#8 ·
#6 ·
If you have access to a Costco, they have a great aluminum jack there. Its looks just like the rest of the racing jacks but is all aluminum finish. The jack lifts from 3.5" to over 18" and is only $99. Ive had it for a month, and its flawless...includes the pad on the handle too!

#9 ·
I have a jack from Argo Manufacturing. It's also called the Pace jack. This thing cost $900 back in 1999. It performed flawlessly up until last year when it needed a new "yoke" as the old one broke (cost $100). It also started to leak around the pump and I put in a new O-Ring (cost $1).

This jack has been in heavy duty use since it was bought. I have jacked everything from a race car to a trailer (changing a tire on the side of the road at the middle of the night). I know I have overloaded it a few times and it finally needed to be fixed.

So, I look at it this way. I've had the jack for 8 years. It has cost me a total of around $1000 (purchase price and repairs). This sounds like a bunch but I bought a "cheap" aluminum jack for $200 and have gone through three of them in two years (they were all replaced under warranty). For me, I want something that works and this jack has done more than what it was designed for. With the $101 I just spent recently, I feel that I have a reliable friend who is always there to work as designed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.