E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Project Hummer :)

5K views 86 replies 73 participants last post by  Topazine 
#1 ·
First of all. Calm down :) I don't have a full size hummer (yet). It's my son's birthday later this week and he's been a great kid all year and I wanted to give him something special, so hooked him up with a battery powered hummer.

Problem is. Clan of Fas can't roll stock, so we did what EvoTechnik do best and took things up a notch.

First things first. Let's chrome out the rims:

Yep, not bad, but still, not that great.

Let's throw in a couple of speakers:

Again, not really trick enough for EvoTechnik, so let's throw in a 7" widescreen LCD with multimedia player, in a custom enclosure

Looks good, but needs power.

4 channel amp under the "hood"

Nearly there, but not quite finished. It's getting dark out there, so we need some lights and a persinalised number plate:

So dark in fact, we needed some neons:

All cars have separate headlight switches, this whip is no different. Custom LED light switch panel

Is that enough? Hell no. I roll in leather. My son rolls on a leather baby seat. He has to roll on leather in his new whip. Only one name fits the bill. Vinnie and Ffion of Gibson & Boyne worked their magic. And believe me. It's magic

Needed a name for the "Projekt"

To do all this, there was only one "Projekt" Manager

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a pic of Ffion and Vinnie :(

Anyway, from the heart, i wanted to thank Andy of Icecold and Gibson & Boyne for taking my initial ideas, running with them and creating an absolute masterpiece beyond even MY wildest dreams.

People will say "what a waste of money", in reply, I say "It's my money to waste" so if you're hating on the project, don't bother replying.

I'll be videoing my son receiving this gift :)

See less See more
#34 ·
Thanks for the props fellas :) there's a lot of haters on this site now (bring back 2 years ago!) so was expecting the Pshhhhh comments :)

Even though Ibsy's b'day is on Friday, we're postponing celebrations for a week until after Ramadan, then I'll video his reaction :D

#36 ·
Ur screwed...He's gonna be bumpin tella-tubbies and spunge bob all night and day!

Im jelous man, i dont even have that many switches in my ride:confused:

U get my vote for dad of the year for doing this...and extra points for doing it during ramadan!

By the way..what are u gonna get him for eid? Or what the heck are u gonna do when he turns 18? I suggest u go to the bank with ur wife and open up a "modding" account for ur son:rofl:

great work!

#40 ·
Man, don't even go there :bawling: Who knows what the future holds bro. As long as he's as good when he's 18 as he is now, then he deserves everything he gets.

We're not spoiling him, this was his one main treat for the year, and he honestly deserves it. he's only 3, but he's so respectful to me and my wife, listens to (Most) of what we say, he loves his grandparents and cousins and get's on with everybody. He knows his ABC and can count to 30. It's been a good year for me on bonus's so whilst I may not have the "spare" cash in the future, I had it now and thought, why not.

#38 ·
He's gonna be able to pick up the older chicks around the playground with that whip :str8pimpi that is unbelievable :thumbsup: to you BigFas

Also, how is that all going to be powered? I feel like once you charge it up, all those electronics will take juice all the power out of the battery, won't even have enough power to roll around with it

#39 ·
Forgot to tell you about the battery upgrade :D

Standard battery gives 20 mins on full charge with none of the power ups we've added to it. That went straight in the bin :)

In went an Optima Yellow Top Gel Battery. We're reckoning circa 5 hours with no power ups and about 3.5 with everything going :D

#43 ·
glad to hear that bro. It's good to hear that he is progressing well early. This is a but superstitious but you should make out a prayer for him so he doesn't get jinxed.

Make sure u post a vid of his reaction, im sure members in this forum would go crazy for that thing at their age now!

#45 ·
wow thats really nice of you. I always wanted an electric car as a kid and you just took the whole thing to a next level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.