E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Custom subwoofer armest pics!

14K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  SK8URDEAD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey

Installed this way back, just posting up some picks it was fun to make and the sound is EXQUISITE. The lower frequencies flow well throughout the car much different than a box. Its less in the head more in the body. It comes right through the seats it is simply amazing one of my favourite mods. Also I totally recommend Shuriken high performance batteries. I installed the SK-BT120 and it made a HUGE difference in sound I really mean this. And my idle was like butter and car ran much better with all honesty. Without the stock battery I couldn't shake the rear view. With the battery upgrade the system shakes the **** out of the e46 mirror, which is pretty damn beefy compared to a civic mirror or something.

Specs:
-10" Special Edition 1300 Watt MTX Subwoofer
-1000 W Exile Amp
-Shuriken SK-BT120 (its an awesome beast)
-Ground Wire Upgraded to 0 gauge Stock is already a Large enough gauge which is Awesome
-6.0 Farad Power Acoustics Capacitor

See less See more
#14 ·
Nah actually I thought of it by myself at the time. I had the ski package. I actually had to just unbolt the frame holding the bag. I tried this setup with a box, but it didn't even compare. The E46 has a very sealed trunk. :thumbup:

Thanks for comment!

#24 ·
Question for Sub in Ski Pass

I love the sub setup it looks great!!! I wanted to build one in my car and i was just wondering how thick and what kind of wood u used to hold the sub and where u anchored it so there was no vibration between wood and sub and between metal? Thanks

#25 ·
I love the sub setup it looks great!!! I wanted to build one in my car and i was just wondering how thick and what kind of wood u used to hold the sub and where u anchored it so there was no vibration between wood and sub and between metal? Thanks
use 3/4" mdf for boxes also be sure to look the specs up for the sub... there will be a recommended volume

#27 ·
best thing to do is get a face cover for the sub. also depending on how you tune a sub with the armrest open or closed of course makes it sound different. i leave my armrest open 24/7 :p but incase someone would need to sit there my JL Audio V3 is protected cus of the cover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.