E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Trevor's GTX35R Z4M Build -Lutz Performance-

70K views 285 replies 58 participants last post by  Commanderwiggin 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we're a little late getting started on this after a few delays but better late than never! :) Just wanted to get the thread rolling, I will update as I go!

Basic hardware:

GTX3582R, divided T4, 1.06 a/r
Custom twin scroll tubular manifold
Custom motor mount (passenger side)
Tial 38mm V-band wastegates x 2
Tial Q BOV's x 2
Precision 750 FMIC core
Custom aluminum charge pipes using Vibrant VanGen couplers turbo to intake manifold
HPF Intake manifold
ProEFI ECU w/ plug and play harness
FIC 2150cc injectors
Custom fuel rail
Bosch 044 inline pumps x 2
6an tank to 1 gallon surge tank, two 6an lines surge to inline pumps with separate 6an feeds to each side of rail, 6an return to surge, 6an return to tank
Aeromotive FPR
Very short 3" downpipe to two 2.5" splits mating to Eisenmann rear mufflers

Just a teaser pic for now, Lutz Performance and Speed Freak Fabrications brings you a Z4M (the very few there are) like you've never seen before :woot:

Our plan was a top mount but requiring AC and also a full intake and filter, a mid mounted turbo was the best option

Enjoy!

-Shawn-

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
wow !!! OP what fuel pump does the stock z4m run??? i believe the setup is diferent from the e46 m3 or is that incorrect??

that manifold/turbo setup is a work of art imo....... So So cool! Looking forward to seeing the fueling setup ect ect as ill be following suit on my big power Vt3 build...

#29 · (Edited)
4" intake is go, Cap'n

Aside from the wider framerails (there's too much room there for it not to be wider).... it seems like the tilt sort of helps getting around the AC compressor and also downpipe. The flareout from 3" up can be done instantly without any interference or dealing with much bend... this gets more win by the moment.

big power. instaboost. This thing will probably spool kunder 3krpm. Clearly, you're cheating.

EDIT: just read exhaust plans..ok... you could go 4", this is ready and imo waiting for a shawn can.

PRI?

EDIT:

wut is going on with those strut towers!?

#18 ·
I think that's the first equal-length twin scroll manifold tig'd cast stainless.... billetted from a solid block of awesome. that collector is art. That whole thing is art. Shawn, I cannot contain how impressed I am. It even looks relatively installable. The wastegate pipe angle looks like it might have a tiny bit of creep, but I'm sure that it has so much wastegate, and it's not like that angle is that bad anyway. Your work has only gotten more impressive.

I heart the high-sitting bottom-mount. Great drain characteristics. I wonder if that angle will create any oil drain/seal challenges on the exhaust side, doubt it though.

In for motormount. and wg tie-ins or dumps

#21 ·
I love this manifold, I've been starting at pics of it since I left the shop. I can't explain what I think about it, can't believe I made it honestly. I just got rolling with fab work not so long ago it seems. I put everything I have into each and every one of these setups. I build them as if they were my own, and if I had to look at them everyday, hopefully they fill the shoes of the owner and they love them as much as I do! I appreciate your comments, gotta get up your way again sometime soon! Take care, hope the car is running well!

WOW! Freaking beautiful, any way to make this work with our E46 M3s? :D
Send us the car, I can work my magic in those frame rails as well :thumbsup:

Ugh, topmount in the freespace would have been so much cooler....
You don't have to argue with me about top mounts, it's a win win regardless. I've stared at this turbo and engine bay for over a month now while we were waiting for other pieces to arrive to get started. The back housing, 1.06, is gigantic on this thing, even though 35R. It's big in the wrong place. Fitting the hotside crams the compressor up against the rad support, and the headlight is right there with no room around it for pipes. I would have loved for it to be up top. This is the best compromise though honestly. It's still very visible, as well as the manifold. On a top mount setup like the one in my Z3M, the downpipe blocks the whole manifold, so it's a different look for sure. This is also my first bottom mount setup I've done EVER! Me = :excited:

Should have no oil drain issues as it is a very very high bottom mount, will fit a full 4' intake as well placing a filter in front of the shock tower, a/c compressor isn't even near, some custom a/c lines and the car will be bling under the hood, beastly in power and spool, and have all the likings of a stock car :thumbsup:

Want some top mount love, check this out, just finished this up last week, I'll have a thread for it up very soon as well

Thank you everyone for your comments, I greatly appreciate each and every one!

-Shawn-

#36 ·
hi their OP , any info on the fuel pump setup the z4m uses?? HPF say its different to the e46 m3, can you shed any light on how your planing to fuel this beast..... i did ask earlier in the thread but..... ermm i guess you missed it ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.