E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Trevor's GTX35R Z4M Build -Lutz Performance-

70K views 285 replies 58 participants last post by  Commanderwiggin 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we're a little late getting started on this after a few delays but better late than never! :) Just wanted to get the thread rolling, I will update as I go!

Basic hardware:

GTX3582R, divided T4, 1.06 a/r
Custom twin scroll tubular manifold
Custom motor mount (passenger side)
Tial 38mm V-band wastegates x 2
Tial Q BOV's x 2
Precision 750 FMIC core
Custom aluminum charge pipes using Vibrant VanGen couplers turbo to intake manifold
HPF Intake manifold
ProEFI ECU w/ plug and play harness
FIC 2150cc injectors
Custom fuel rail
Bosch 044 inline pumps x 2
6an tank to 1 gallon surge tank, two 6an lines surge to inline pumps with separate 6an feeds to each side of rail, 6an return to surge, 6an return to tank
Aeromotive FPR
Very short 3" downpipe to two 2.5" splits mating to Eisenmann rear mufflers

Just a teaser pic for now, Lutz Performance and Speed Freak Fabrications brings you a Z4M (the very few there are) like you've never seen before :woot:

Our plan was a top mount but requiring AC and also a full intake and filter, a mid mounted turbo was the best option

Enjoy!

-Shawn-

See less See more
#85 ·
More updates!! :woot:

Completed intake piping, again full 4" turbo to filter accompanied by a 4" duct directing colder outside air towards the filter

Fitted

And sorry for the lack of updates this past week, last Thursday my TIG decided to stop working on AC (aluminum setting for a TIG). I sent it back for warranty repair which is 3-4 weeks out, we couldn't wait that long without it so after a quick discussion it was time for an upgrade! Here she is, just delivered yesterday afternoon and put to work today to complete what's shown above!

Miller Dynasty 200dx and Miller coolmate 1 watercooler

On to the fuel system next week!

#91 ·
Hey guys,

Heres a PM I recieved from someone on Bimmerforums. Its relavant cause the guy mentions Shawns work.

"Yeh from your build thread i noticed that your guys shop was good and he is a great fabricator. I may have to take you up on some other parts after i unload my NA parts on the forum. And i will check out the link when i have a chance to get on the computer later. Take some build pics for me on the new car too please!!! I'll recommend hit you up later!

Derek

#110 ·
I'd rather not OT the thread as well.. maybe a new thread is more deserving. I know Taza runs his intake real low on the passenger side. I'm looking for more internal pics, routing, etc.. how did you route it down there, how did you avoid heat soak, etc.

There are a million cars with CAI's where a fog is deleted, and its setup there. My concern was more or less if it was just simply pointed down picking up its air from UNDER the car, thought that would be prone to picking up water. I'm not concerned about hydrolocking the car.. I'm simply being overly cautious.

#114 ·
Those look amazing, truly a unique car...

Is the pro-efi harness complete ? Is it ready to run ?

What clutch will you use ? Do you know what are our options ?
We have not received the ProEFI yet, Trevor ordered pretty much every option they offer so it's taking a little longer than the few that have already gone out for the Z4M. Clutch and flywheel were custom built by Southbend

Today's work!

Heat shield/catch for the "ram air"

Not sure who thought it was a good idea to use only the oil dipstick as a support for this intake manifold, so here's what I came up with as a better solution. Also serves as a holder for the dipstick and fuel pressure regulator

#123 ·
Its on our list of items for 2012, we have upgraded alot of equipment and still more things to buy lol it feels never ending!

We want to try and help HPF guys with more items that maybe helpful on your kits or items in general that arent on the market that you may want.

If anyone has an idea or product they'd like please email me directly Andrew@lutzperformance.com!!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

keep firing ideas or product you guys want to me please! :excited:

#129 ·
Thank you guys!!

We appreciate all the emails and PM's, thank you for the support!!

We are excited to get this beast running!

Anyone with any questions please feel free to email/PM myself or Shawn at anytime!!

Andrew's email: Andrew@lutzperformance.com

Big thanks to the E46fanatic community for helping Lutz Performance grow and we will continue to find new ways to help you guys meet your needs and make your dreams happen! :excited:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.