E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW HPF full CARBON FIBER BMW E46 Hood GROUP BUY with AGRESSIVE STYLING - $1650

35K views 159 replies 60 participants last post by  Bdave 
#1 · (Edited)
HPF FULL Carbon Fiber BMW E46 Hood

We only build the best and our NEW HPF FULL CARBON FIBER BMW HOOD is no exception to that rule. Our extremely strong Carbon Fiber hood is being built by the same company that builds several of our NEW Carbon Fiber parts. For those who have received them, they will notice that they are EXTREMELY strong, EXTREMELY light, EXTREMELY thin, they fit PERFECT and the finish doesn't fade ever. They've been building extremely complex high quality carbon fiber parts for the aerospace industry for years and have also produced some remarkable hoods that I've seen that meet ALL the requirements listed below and then some. These parts have a much higher melting point as virtually no resin or fiberglass is used and they don't fade even in hotter climates with tons of sun.

The following are our requirements for the HPF BMW E46 Hood.

• It MUST work for most E46's.
  • It MUST have strong internal webbing to support the attachment points to the rear hinges so the hood doesn't flex when you open and close it
  • It MUST have a super strong hood latch so that no hood pins are needed
  • It MUST be fade resistant
  • It MUST be blemish free so the hood can be run without paint
  • It MUST simply bolt on without modifications

Updates are coming soon. :)

Chris.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a good thing seeing Vorsteiner has stopped making an E46 hood. Get some pics up asap

#14 · (Edited)
True indeed.

djtrini said:
in for pics!
Soon. :)

Beedub said:
How about an option for the z4m.... Our only option is the varis unit... Amazing but expensive.

You'd do really well with a z4m option IMO....
Maybe some day. I'm going to do the M3 first. The development costs and tooling are very high and I want to make sure we're going to be able to get the right demand at the right price point. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to do.

offspring5713 said:
Thx.

brendan_select said:
Wow - sounds really exciting. Cant wait to see this. Congratulations HPF!
It's been long overdue. We now have the team in place to make high quality carbon fiber parts and you are going to be seeing a lot more of them.

MaverickM3 said:
The M3 hood I have on my 325ci came directly off an M3. I didn't think there were fitment issues for the hood. All the lines matched up the way they should on mine.
HighBoostin330 said:
Only for M3 or will you make a non-M version as well? The product description above doesn't mention anything except its for E46.
Exactly. This hood should work on the E46 318, 320, 323, 325, 325, 328, 330 and M3.

bigaldawgs said:
Subscribed!
:)

PatmanSC said:
interesting.....cant wait to see how this looks like,, might be interested
It will be hard to hold back on this one. :)

Commanderwiggin said:
Need some pics...painted Imola Red of course

Edit: A CSL styled trunk that meets those specs would be nice too
The CSL Trunk is next. :)

DON'T GET CAUGHT WITH YOUR HOOD BLOWING OFF. NO HOOD PINS REQUIRED WITH THE NEW HPF CARBON FIBER BMW E46 HOOD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Z7_84CFDY

#4 ·
interesting.....cant wait to see how this looks like,, might be interested

#22 ·
Any informal designs floating around HPF? I'm fine with what I have but interested to see what you guys put together.. you've always done top notch stuff :bow:

#24 ·
Pictures will be coming soon. We just had our first team meeting on the hoods. The hood will be CNC'd shortly and after we update the designs I'll post up a few different rendered versions and let you guys give me feedback.

The style most of us like the best is for the center section recessed with a raised bevel right before the center. Then to have functional side vents on each side. The placement of these is really up for discussion as well.

We always want to show off our engines with our hood open. But nobody wants to have an UGLY hood underside with either resin or cut fiberglass sections that hold the hood together. The HPF hood will be two layers with the underside made of the same CRYSTAL CLEAR SHINY CARBON FIBER. :)

We won't be making a Sedan version at first. Once we sell through the Coupe version we can take a look at the demand for the Sedan.

TrippinBimmer said:
I want ur HOOD!

-Trip
I can't wait to get this hood moving. I want our new hood on both HPF race cars.

2000_328CI said:
Any informal designs floating around HPF? I'm fine with what I have but interested to see what you guys put together.. you've always done top notch stuff
Thanks. :) I have some but I'll wait until we get them rendered.

bluba said:
Soon. :)

Highbootin330 said:
So are you making one hood expecting to fit all the above? Or are you making multiple hoods to fit M3, non-M3, coupe, sedan, facelift, etc.? it is still unclear.
We are starting out with one set of tools for one hood. This hood will be designed to fit the E46 M3 and will hopefully fit many of the E46 non-M coupes. It will probably not fit the sedan based on what I've seen. If anyone has information related to what hoods are interchangeable, please post the info up.

Thanks.

dallasberry said:
I will give you money for a picture.
Pictures coming.

Chris.

#27 ·
This sounds exciting! Always loved the GTR style hoods with the vents, but never picked one up because the fitment was always crap. If you guys can make a cf hood that lines up perfectly with the fenders (oem lines), then I'm definitely in! Can't wait for the photos.

#28 ·
People don't realize that it costs So Much More to have a body shop prep and fix a hood than to get a higher quality one that fits and doesn't have blemishes. A good part of that is to use high quality shipping materials. So often these parts get damaged in transit. And with Carbon fiber the only option on a blemish is to paint over it. So that's why a lot of them are painted with only the vents showing in carbon fiber. The HPF M3 hood had to be prepped and painted due to blemishes, had to have hood pins because without them it will blow off, and the area around the hinges is still very weak and bends when I'm closing it. When I'm going down the track at 165mph it shakes around like it's going to fly off. The hood on the HPF Drag M3 is a similar situation. It is quite a bit stronger than the Orange M3 hood, but the quality is just not there and it flexes like crazy on the track as well. It looks terrible and the underside looks like a joke when we lift the hood. I can't wait to get our new hood on both of these cars. :)

Chris.

#31 ·
I love the design of the Asuka hood. The look of our hood may end up very similar. We shall see. I will post up some renderings of the hood that we're thinking about and I'll let everyone help me make the best choice.

Chris.

#36 ·
I'm glad I put that video up. It sucked but was funny at the same time. :)

0-60motorsports said:
This is one of the best designs ever! I got this hood when it was new but due to mold issues etc it was defective. Vorsteiner sent me tow of them and they both had the same issue. That is one Vorst Discont them.

I wish they can fix the hood molding process and start building it again but they probably wont as they have moved on to other models.
I like that hood styling too. Our hood will actually be pretty similar to that 135i hood.

To reserve your spot in the Group Buy we are taking 50% down now ($825) however those that put $1650 down are first in line to get the hoods as they are made. Shipping is $175 and that is due at the time we ship the hood to you. PM me with your information if you're ready to lock in your hood. You can get a full refund of your deposit if at any time you don't like our new hood design or simply change your mind. I'll have designs up very soon.

Chris.

#35 ·
This is one of the best designs ever! I got this hood when it was new but due to mold issues etc it was defective. Vorsteiner sent me tow of them and they both had the same issue. That is one Vorst Discont them.

I wish they can fix the hood molding process and start building it again but they probably wont as they have moved on to other models.

#37 ·
Excellent excellent, can't wait to see the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.