E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Pics: Solaris silver bulbs vs. OEM bulbs

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sna77 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a pic comparison of the OEM silver bulbs (part # 63 21 6 934 227) vs. the Solaris bulbs sold by Bimmian and a few others.

Solaris bulbs:
http://www.bimmian.com/SOL/46/1

NOTE: The Solaris diamond cut bulbs are similar to the OEM ones I believe... They are brighter, but you can see them through the lenses...

I've used both and like both. For the face lifted sedan clears I prefer the Solaris, b/c the lenses are crystal clear and you cant see any amber. With prefacelft clears, I prefer the OEM bulbs.

Solaris is first, OEM below:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe it's the pictures, but are the bulbs done with a crystal cut on the outside of the bulb, kinda like a "disco ball" to match with the inside crystal-cut reflector of the turnsignal housing? Or is that just a reflection on the silver coated bulb? Because if that's the case, those would be great for the faclifted clear signals. I just didn't see them listed on the site that way.
And if they are just the same ones as before, I'm familar with the different coatings on the glass to hide the "egg yolk" effect.

#4 ·
Alex323Ci said:
Maybe it's the pictures, but are the bulbs done with a crystal cut on the outside of the bulb, kinda like a "disco ball" to match with the inside crystal-cut reflector of the turnsignal housing? Or is that just a reflection on the silver coated bulb? Because if that's the case, those would be great for the faclifted clear signals. I just didn't see them listed on the site that way.
And if they are just the same ones as before, I'm familar with the different coatings on the glass to hide the "egg yolk" effect.

the color of the buls is consistent on both bulbs...

The OEM ones are silverish, and you can see the orange through in certain places. In bright light you can see them a lot more.

The Solaris ones are just a mirrored finish--its the reflection youre seeing in those pics..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.