E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BBS LM Reps - Differences in brands/recommendations?

48K views 71 replies 38 participants last post by  ari00 
#1 ·
hey guys, im in the market for a set of BBS LM reps and would like to figure out the differences in between all these different brands.
Ive narrowed it down to 3 different brands that i think look the best and would like to get some advice on which to go with.

--------------------------------------------------

the first set is the Varrstoen ES 1.1.2

this is the only one out of the 3 different sets that comes with a 10.5 rear size which i like and a choice of aggressive offsets... +22 +12 and +0

these also come in either silver or hyperblack color choices with a diamond polished lip

these sell between $900-$1100 depending on offset choice, cant get exact price since varrstoen doesnt list it on their site.

heres what the Varrstoens look like

------------------------------------------------------------
next up is the EuroSpec ESR4's

widest these come in is 9.5 and the lowest offset you can get is +25

these from what i see only come in silver color

these sell for $1100 from eurospec

heres some pics of them (hope the owner doesnt mind)

----------------------------------------------

finally we have the Vortex Tuning Lemans

these come in a choice of silver or gunmetal colors and the widest rears on these is also 9.5 with a lowest offset of +20

these are selling for $899 in any size combo as far as i know from vortextuning

heres pics of them

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I got mine through Modbargains, MM6 Mesh wheel, I picked up 19x8.5 et45 19x9.5 et35, pretty sure they come in a et22 Rear. Check em out, Really happy with the quality, haven't mounted em yet though, waiting to go home in a few weeks...

Here's some of my personal photos of the rims:

A friend of mine shot this for a school project:

Rims:
http://www.modbargains.com/MM6-Mesh-Wheel-BMW-Diamond-Black-Polished-Lip.htm

#10 · (Edited)
The linea corse design is inferior to all the others you mentioned (the step lip is off, as well as spoke spacing i think from what iv read and seen). Ive heard nothing but good things about the ESR-4's. 19x9.5 has an almost 4" lip, and they weigh in at only about 25lbs, which for a rep isnt too bad at all. A lot of people have the Varrstoens but ive seen a thread over on e90post where someone hit a dip or a pothole or something and the rim just completely fell apart... Just one negative thread but idk, havent heard stories like that about the ESR-4's. check this thread out for more pics of the ESR-4's, as well as a sick setup on a vert that has the 19x9.5 square setup, simply amazing!!

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=835262

#23 ·
anyways... OP

Those are my pics for the ESR-4s. I can say that I have never thought these rims were going to look that close to LM's. The lip on the back is 3.5, 2.5 in the front. The spokes are pretty damn close to actual LM's. Linea Corsa's were the first rim to come out with a step lip, however the diameter of the spokes definitely look way too small. The 19's look like 18's IMO, thats why I went with the ESRs.

The other ones i'm not too familiar with, so I can't really offer too much on those.

:hi:

#31 ·
Thanks for the kind words to everyone who backed up our product. We definitely stick behind these wheels. To answer a few questions that i saw went unanswered:

We placed orders for wider rears along with more aggressive offsets, however we are unsure if those have made this shipment we have arriving in 3 weeks.

We may be getting a few sets of other colors, but again, this is unsure if these made this batch.

We are sure that we have:

silver color, with all 18", 19", and new 20" sizes available. New offsets are also available, which will be released shortly.

18x9 and 18x9
19x8.5 and 19x9.5
20x8.5 and 20x10

All with a diamond polished lip, ranging anywhere from 3-4.5" step lips in the rear, and 2-3" step lips in front depending on sizes.

My general feelings are that darker colored wheels, although they look great, usually tend to look smaller then they are for some reason. I dont know why.. but for some reason, silver always looks its size, or bigger, which is always a classy, good choice. of course colored wheels look amazing, but the classic silver color is something you can never go wrong with.

In the end, your decision will come down to color and offset, because all of the choices (Varrstoen and ESR), are about a 98% match to the real things. Good luck and keep an eye out for out pre sale thread coming soon.

-Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.