E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Touring

E46 Touring
The E46 touring forum. Talk about your sport wagon E46 here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
dyintorace

My Ride: 2002 M3
Interior trim and headliner contemplations

My red over black Touring has the standard wood trim, along with light gray pillars and headliner. I don't care for either unfortunately, especially since the headliner (and visors) are pretty dingy/dirty in my case. I would love to get some thoughts and opinions on various swap/color options. Seeing Nick's thread where he swapped to piano black and a black headliner really got my wheels turning.

That said, with a black leather Sport interior, I'm hesitant to go all black everything. What do you all think would look good/interesting for trim and headliner? Silver cube from a ZHP? Brushed aluminum? Wrap the existing wood in carbon fiber vinyl (maybe too race-y for a DD wagon)? On the headliner front, I'd really like to go with a charcoal Alcantara, but am fearful of the cost.

TIA for your input!

Something like this:

dyintorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
sweet jones

My Ride: CLK, S54 E46 Touring
I have a tiag with black interior and was thinking of doing the same with the headliner. I am swapping the wood trim over for the silver as well as adding an M3 steering wheel but hoping that doesn't clash too much thinking all black with a new black alcantara headliner might be a lot of black. I like the idea of a dark charcoal alcantara though, it wouldn't hurt to get some local quotes from some interior shops though.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 PM   #3
texas_touring

My Ride: 2003 325xiT
I have a set of Birch Anthracite Individual wood trim that I'm not using if you want to buy that!

Any of the silver trims would like nice and sporty but a bit cheap-looking in my opinion. If money were not a factor and I had your car, I would do the maple wood trim that I think would really nicely accent the red exterior.

The attached image makes it look a lot like the standard myrtle wood but it is really a lot brighter and redder. Very distinctive and cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E46.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	650381  
texas_touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
Birch Anthracite individual wood trim for touring? (Actually I guess I've never asked this, but is the rear door just the same as the sedan?)

That sounds nice.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #5
texas_touring

My Ride: 2003 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Birch Anthracite individual wood trim for touring? (Actually I guess I've never asked this, but is the rear door just the same as the sedan?)

That sounds nice.
Yes the sedan and touring sets are the same
texas_touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
And dear god is it gorgeous, fyi.

E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting DIY
Onizukachan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:15 AM   #7
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 98 M-Z3, 01 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
And dear god is it gorgeous, fyi.
Boy howdy!

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
dyintorace

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_touring View Post
I have a set of Birch Anthracite Individual wood trim that I'm not using if you want to buy that!

Any of the silver trims would like nice and sporty but a bit cheap-looking in my opinion. If money were not a factor and I had your car, I would do the maple wood trim that I think would really nicely accent the red exterior.

The attached image makes it look a lot like the standard myrtle wood but it is really a lot brighter and redder. Very distinctive and cool.
Agreed that the Birch is stunning. Really gorgeous. I would love it if it were going in a tan or natural brown interior. But not the look I'm going for in my black interior.

I actually just bought the trim set Nick listed for sale. It's wrapped with what looks like a brushed/satin finish dark silver vinyl. It might not be my final choice, but I'm excited to see it rather than the current wood trim I have.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
E46satanwagon

My Ride: 2001 325IT
Here was the custom headliner I did in my wagon I had black suede a, b, and c pillars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	650495  
Old 02-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
dyintorace

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46satanwagon View Post
Here was the custom headliner I did in my wagon I had black suede a, b, and c pillars.
That is certainly different!

I would love to do Alcantara but am just not sure I could pull it off even remotely economically.