E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kentucky Crew - 2011 Chat

49K views 398 replies 29 participants last post by  auto180sx 
#1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

We had a pretty good thread last year (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=743248), lets keep it going!

Welcome all 2011 members from KY, hopefully they find this thread.

Lets use this thread to chat, and help out other KY members when their E46 is down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#101 ·
Yes, I've been haunting the wheel and tire thread, but anything that looks like a good deal isn't when you add $150 in shipping, not to mention dealing with a seller you don't know. And I'm more than a little concerned about getting burned by buying from someone I don't know...

#103 ·
You guys...you guys (in my Cartman voice). I'm gonna copy what I put on 502SS:

I just swapped in the Meyle LCA bushings and oh my god. Seriously. The improvement is (excuse my forwardness) in-****ing-sane. Ever since I bought my car I believe my bushings were bad, and now that I have put in these new Meyle units, the car feels completely different. It feels more comfortable, confident, and braking feels way better too.

Bottom line: If your car has the high mileage, switch to Meyle, or at least replace your OEM bushings for the LCAs. You will NOT be disappointed.

#111 ·
Next Louisville BMW is meet is on March 27th, 2011.

Should be at the Mongolian Grill off Warnock Ave in Louisville, KY!

#113 ·
Hey all, OKI has adjusted their meet dates. Here is the message I got on Facebook. Remember these dates are good for the remainder of 2011!

The monthly date has been changed from the Last Sunday of the month to the Second weekend of the month, still being on Sunday at 3pm. Hopefully this will be a better date for some of you. Also don't forget Cars and coffee which is the 2nd Saturday of the month at java brewing company in prospect, Kentucky, This event starts around 8AM. If you haven't made it to one yet, I'd recommend that you do so, there are a good variety of cool cars that show up. Also effecting the date change is that now Cars and coffee are on back to back days. Hope too see some new faces.

Zach

P.S. Most likely have some drives set up to the Summit for a lunch after C&C ;)

Meet scheduled
March 13th (Sunday)
April 10th (Sunday)
May 15th (Sunday)
June 12th (Sunday)
July 10th (Sunday)
Aug 14th (Sunday)
Sept 11th (Sunday)
Oct 9th (Sunday)
Nov 13th (Sunday)
Dec 11th (Sunday)

#114 ·
Hey Louisville fans... How about them Cards? Holy crap. We came back from a huge beatdown to win it all!

#119 ·
Finally!! Some other KY members. Wish I'd found this sooner. Hello to everyone. Just to clarify I live in Benton........about ten minutes out of Paducah. Any other western KY members on here??? Anyways, glad to find you guys and look forward to coming to Louisville for one of the meets when I can get away. Work on the river and go through Louisville all the time on the boat but don't get up that way as much as I'd like to. Now I've got a new reason to drive up there.

#122 ·
I'm trying to get some stuff together on the day of Thunder with friends, so I'm busy then, but if you are in town on the night before shoot me a PM when time gets closer and we can have a beer or two @ BDubs or something.

Anyone else interested?

#128 ·
Is it wrong I'm starting to look at STIs? I've been focused on an M forever, but the allure of cheaper performance is getting to me =/

#130 ·
My wife hates them so it may be no go. I personally think the Blue/gold rally look is awesome.

She did however hate BMWs for a long time too.

#133 ·
I'm not gutsy enough to own a VW :)

My car has given me some serious headaches this weekend.

Alternator / battery took a sh1t on me. $331 down the tubes. Put it all back together and forgot to hook up the MAF sensor, so the car idled odd for a bit and threw a code. So I went back and checked and reconnected the MAF, disconnected the negative terminal for a few minutes and reconnected it. Car had the idle issue corrected for the most part, but the SES light is still on.

Also, when I sit at lights, the idle dips, but the car doesn't die. I'm going to check the ICV / DISA today along with the intake boots.

This doesn't even consider the $1k+ I need to spend to refresh my suspension. fuuuuuuuu

Honestly, I really am annoyed right now. I even brought up the idea to my wife on bailing on the E46 for the first time. However, I feel like I have put so much work into it, it'd be a disservice to bail on the car. I think I'm going to correct these issues and see how things look from there, but yesterday I sure didn't feel like that.

#134 ·
I've had those feelings before believe me -- then after its all washed & waxed and sitting in the sun looking all sexy i remember why I bought it--mines an 01 with 153K on it and I'm still happier than a pig in sh!t when a new part comes in to put on it. and believe me I have a load of stuff to do to it rt now--the car is 10 years old and the paint on it is amazing the interior has a little wear and tear nothing out of the norm-- and it still runs like a bat outta hell-- I love the all wheel drive too-- I guess what I'm getting at is I love the look of the car and thats what it boils down to--even when i'm driving the Lexus IS 250-- when a nice BMW goes by my eyes still wander----you've had a run of bad luck with the car as we all have had--but, if you where in a VW would your eyes still wander?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.