E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Carbon Project Belgium

982K views 2K replies 456 participants last post by  robolop 
#1 ·
Friend of mine is very handy with Carbon Fibre.
Don't know him too well, but what i've seen, he's amazing with CF...

now that he bought an E46 Coupé, I'd like to share it with you guys.

pic of the car:

See less See more
#381 ·
Is there any way you guys can have a little write-up/walk through on the carbon/kevlar work? Like the materials used, prep, the epoxy, cutting+rubbing, etc.?

I actually laughed out loud at this thread. I see you guys doing one thing that's just incredible and then I think it's going to end in the trunk, but you guys keep doing more and more. Just awesome, for hobbyist or even paid professionals the skill is top notch. Fabricating metal pieces, composite work, electrical, painting, upholstery, etc. .....wow.

#385 ·
Fitting Wheels under 323ci!?

:hi:
Hello robolop,

Congratulation for the cool project.

From my previous experiance I can say that IT WILL NOT FIT WITHOUT BODY MODIFICATION!

Keep up the cool hobby :thumbsup:

#389 ·
So If I Send U Parts And Money Can You Do Some Thing Like That For Me?
Dude You Are An Artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#398 ·
I went to a wheels store today and decided not to go for 20 inch rims :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:because to make them fit, I have to mount 225/30R20 tires in the front, and those will look way too small on 8.5x20 rims, which I don't like.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I will go now for the 19 inch like everybody.:bawling::bawling:

#409 ·
Right now i'm working on the brakes. These will stay original, but they will look a lot better once i'll be ready.

The caliper claws will get a silver paint finish.

I also want to make the protection plates behind the discs a little larger (2cm smaller than the inside of the rims)

The idea is to make these plates in carbon kevlar.

The major part of the work on these modifications will be the supports that have to attach the carbon kevlar plates.

One spypic...........:excited::excited:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.