E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Member Introduction

146K views 457 replies 338 participants last post by  EJP777 
#1 ·
Welcome to the latest and greatest iteration of E90Fanatics.com! Please take a moment to (re)introduction yourself. Let us know if you're an E90 driver, a lurker or someone coming over from E46Fanatics.com.

Tim - 2003 E46 M3

#4 ·
Hi, my name is Rob................and I'm a BMW fanatic !

BMW's Owned:

1) 1971 BMW 2002 Race Car / Destroyed

2) 1984 BMW 318I / Sold

3) 1987 BMW 325IS Street Car, then built into a Race Car / Sold

4) 1994 BMW 325I Race Car in my Signature / Current

5) 2003 BMW 330Ci Street Car, Grand AM Motor-getting a Direct Port Nitrous System / Current

6) 2008 BMW R1200R Motorcycle / Current

#6 ·
Back to the dark side

Use to be in E-46er (nearly full Dinan) now back after a while with the MiniCoopers to full BMW. Just got a 2011 328iX Touring (SportVagen). Looking for things like Euro Anti Blind Spot mirrors, full cargo area rubber mats (with the seats down), wondering if the Whisper racks from Australia really are that good and more.

Glad to be back, this Estate is the bomb!

#8 ·
My name is Roy, I bought my first BMW in 1973, a 2002tii, then a 325is,
a 318is, a328ci and now a 335i.
Does anyone have any experience with the BMW performance enhancement upgrade for the 335? I was just wondering if it affects the driveability and
where in the rpm range the extra power is gained.

#15 ·
Hello everybody. My name is Art. This weekend traded in my e46 and got myself e92.

Here some pics:

#16 ·
Hi

Hi, my name is Joe. I just signed the papers for a certified 2008, 328I Convertible. It has 40K miles with BMW warranty until Sept. 30, 2012, and CPO warranty until 9/30/2014. I just traded in a 2002, 325I sedan for it, and I also own a 2006 525XI.

The car just had a cracked head cylinder cover replaced. Is this something I should be worried about? What else could be wrong because of it?

Looking forward to being an active participant of the forum.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

#17 ·
Hi, my name is Joe. I just signed the papers for a certified 2008, 328I Convertible.
Hi, Joe. I'm new here (see a few posts up) and also in MA - I'm assuming you're in Framingham, MA? I'm wondering which dealer you bought from?

The 335xi I got 2 months ago is very similar to yours in mileage, age, CPO, etc. But I had trouble locating a sporty one here in NE, so I ended up getting mine in NYS. Herb Chambers had one with the features I was seeking, but it sold in less than a day, before I could even get to look at it.

Also, if you're in MA and a motor head, I joined the Boston Chapter of the BMW CCA (which you might already be a member of) and have started doing the F1 Boston karting series the club has apparently been doing for several years. It's a blast if you haven't raced there yet and might be interested.

Jack Meeker

#25 ·
My First BMW

2009 CPO 328i w/25,000 miles on it, I love this color and want to black out the grill and rims..tint windows, add satellite radio (OE) cold air intake, and get a spare tire (car came w/fresh rubber but not Run Flats) Hope you like the car, and I'm looking forward to joining the community!

Mizhttp://s1.E46Fanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Attachments

#27 ·
Back in the BMW fold

Just wanted to drop a quick note and introduce myself. I'm a former e46'er (2005 330xi), and just picked up my new ride this afternoon, a 2008 335xi coupe. In between I strayed, and drove a Volvo S60R for about a year, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Here's a quick pic that I snapped as I was filling out the paperwork.

Attachments

#29 ·
New guy intro

Hi...new to e90fanatics...looking fwd to participating

We've got 2 2011's...
- a 335i xdrive, e92, with sports pkg (early model year)
- a 335i, e90, xdrive, with m pkg (nov).. Lemans blue
These are 4th and 5th in our 3series cars, back since 2006 330xi sport, 335xi sport in 2009' and 2007 x3, when we moved down from an 02' 540 sport and a 05' x5 ...
Love the 3's !! Trying to figure out ( typical new guy) how to load some photos, as I'm a camera guy too, and having both sweet rides and cameras makes you nuts when u can't show pics...

#31 ·
Hello, new to E90Fanatics. Had my E92 335 for about 3 years, and so far it's been awesome. Well, mostly. Had to have the front subsection replaced, and the catalytic converters replaced, but neither cost me a dime.
Anyways, just looking for some advice on doing some mods beyond the cosmetic.
As for me, I'm in the Navy and this is my 2nd BMW. When I lived in Italy I drove a 1994 320i that lasted for 3 years in the traffic hell of Naples.
Outside of Bimmers, I've owned a 1994 Acura Integra (frankenstein'd the motor, had some juice, bolt-ons, and a lot of tickets), a 1999 Mazda RX7 (lived in Japan, tuned by re amemiya, single turbo conversion, lots of other stuff, about 500 rwhp), a 2003 Mitsu Evo VIII (lots of suspension work, light motor work, 380 awhp)...and now my 2007 BMW 335i (stock!)
Anyways, looking forward to posting up and learning more!

#33 ·
Hello Everyone!

Hi all....I belong to E46fanatics and I still have my E46...a 1999 328 with 175,000 miles and the original transmission, water pump and cooling system. Its been a great car. Im getting ready to do the cooling system. As it has been an awesome car and still is I plan to keep it. I also have a 2009 335i which is an awesome car too. After my 328, I said no more black cars. Well, the 335 is jet black as well. Never say Never! Anyway, want to say thanks to all who post the great DIY's and informative info:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.