E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Factory Set up - confused - SVEN 4

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aosipian 
#1 ·
HI, I am trying to replace the OEM amp ( E46, 328 with NAVI) to a decent aftermarket one. I’ve learnt that I need line out convertors and planning to use SVEN 4. Do I need to buy 2 of them, if I I want to power 2 fronts and 2 rears? Or one SVEN 4 will be enough?

Also, my local audio guy told me that I have quite complicated system and the converter may not do the job. He said that my set up is - EOM player gives a signal to a preamp, which then spreads it into lows, mids and highs and then the amplifier do the rest to power the speakers. He said I have 3 units installed. See the picture ( ignore the navi and phone on top of the ampl). Any idea if he is telling the right things? I have some doubts, as in my country, nobody will bother to go that far as I did. They will simply replace the OEM BMW player and put aftermarket units.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sven 2 will do 2 speakers. Get an sven4.

Although I have only seen US systems, I seriously doubth your installer is giving you good information. One easy way to find out: disconnect the plugs in the amp only. If what he is saying is true, then you would still hear the "other" speakers playing.

#3 ·
Thanks, will give a try.

#4 ·
If you amp is just like mine in the us then your installer is a dope and got his training at walmart. The factory head sends a balanced preamp signal to the amp in the trunk. the only catch is that the amp has an output for each speaker seperatly. So in other words there is a channel for each speaker.So 6 channels up front and 4 in the rear. Each channel is Crossed over (Filtered) when sent to each speaker. Which poses another problem. You cant just slap in a 4 or 6 channel amp to power your speakers without building a passive crossover network (Not hard but not a DYI for the average joe). SOOO.... The best way to accomplish the task is to replace all of your speakers at once and to get a 4-6 channel amp. Woo that was alot. And yes the sven4 will allow you to add an amplifier(s) (I did). I am considering doing the above because the sub easily overpowers the components at high volume.

#5 ·
Great thanks, will go for a JL Audio 6450 apm. It has the differn balanced inputs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.