E46 Fanatics Forum banner

OEM Mtech 2 Fog light Housing on a Replica Mtech 2 Bumper?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bimmerman11 
#1 ·
I have a replica Mtech 2 bumper for sedan. After I ran over a parking lot concrete "stopper" :facepalm:, I had a shop fix the hanging driver's side bumper along with the foglight. Now the driver's side fog light is 2x brighter than the passenger side and the fog light housing gets ridiculous condensation. Upon closer inspection, the 9006 bulb I have is an "L" shape and does not fit correctly into the bulb socket. I need a "straight" 9006 bulb.

I was thinking of ending all of this drama by just buying the OEM ZHP (Mtech2) fog light housings. Has anyone done this? The OEM housing looks identical to the replica housing. I believe this would stop the condensation from forming.

Also, where can I find a straight 9006 bulb that fits correctly into the socket? The bulbs that Umnitza sent me are L-shaped and the shop had to play with the metal connectors to get them to fit. If I can buy the correct bulbs, that could save me $225 and not have to buy OEM fogs.

This is very frustrating. Such a simple thing that's taken two days to sort out but still no solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.