Razor's Build Thread - Page 6 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 08:14 PM   #101
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
U didn't fill in the rust pot with anything else , just lots of coats of primer ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Haven't even touched the primer yet. Been applying naval jelly, letting it sit for 24 hours, putting a new layer of jelly on top to activate the existing jelly, washing it away, grinding off the top layer with a chisel and repeating the process. The directions say that you can let it sit for 10-15 mins before washing away the jelly and putting a new layer on top but I let it sit overnight with plastic wrap on top so moisture can stay in. It's been working, just rather slowly, and being away from the car doesn't help much either.

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 AM   #102
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
I know I've just spammed you with like 9 texts but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
When I do a suspension refresh I'll get the sport or ZHP suspension. That'll lower it a tad but that's as far as I'll go really
I know you know I got some sport suspension lying around since I've upgraded. I also have brand new strut mounts (will have ~250 miles on them). It's had kind California miles (no joke) and was upgraded. Text me if you're interested. It'd be nice if it went to a familiar home I don't have it FS here yet so you get dibs
Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 AM   #103
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
Quote:
When I do a suspension refresh I'll get the sport or ZHP suspension. That'll lower it a tad but that's as far as I'll go really
I know you know I got some sport suspension lying around since I've upgraded. I also have brand new strut mounts (will have ~250 miles on them). It's had kind California miles (no joke) and was upgraded. Text me if you're interested. It'd be nice if it went to a familiar home I don't have it FS here yet so you get dibs
Old 12-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #104
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post

Hmm I'll hit you up

Old 12-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #105
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Slight update: car has been pretty solid so far. Replaced a wheel speed sensor and put in all-weather floor mats as a Christmas present. I also purchased OEM sport suspension off Tyler (YoItsMac) to put in place of my original, 17-year-old shot suspension. It'll be part of the sport package that I'm essentially retrofitting. Also put in new kidney grilles.

Going to be doing the suspension swap as soon as a couple more parts arrive. On a side note, I'm in somewhat of a dilemma with this car. The rust under the rear passenger doors is still there and constantly eating away. In short, new metal will have to be fabricated and welded in place. This is by no means going to be a cheap job but is having me reevaluate my spending habits with the car. Ideally, in a perfect world, I would hold onto it and get a second car as my primary means of transportation if the E46 needs to be worked on. I just want to be able to have peace of mind knowing that I can hold onto two cars if I can. However, the world isn't perfect, and I feel like it's pointless to keep throwing money at it if there's rust and all that I have spent so far is essentially for nothing. At the same time, with all I have put into it, it urges me to hold onto it and fix the rust when the time and proper funds come around. The rust decay has been a gradual process and I believe that it can be corrected when the time comes without doing much more damage. Trying to look at it from a rational perspective while it is still my hobby that I enjoy investing time into.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #106
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Got the car professionally detailed, replaced the thermostat, and now waiting for a good weekend to come up to change the suspension. Detailing came out pretty good. They got the clear coat looking nice of all the swirls that were there over the past 17 years. Replaced my thermostat with a new Wahler one from FCPEuro since the one I had broke.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #107
Alex Pappas

My Ride: 1999 328i
nice, tasteful modes bro but that stance?
VMR 18 staggered 710, Eagle Eyes led smoked tails, smoked Depo corners and sides with amber led, dual bulb carrier for trunk lid lights, H&R sport cup kit, M3 trunk lid spoiler, AC Schnitzer roof spoiler, black out grilles, license plate delete, 03' 3 spoke sport wheel, m3 strut bar, shadowline trim, p46 head lights, LED amber 3000k Angel Eyes, custom painted engine covers, BSW speakers, AFE stage 1 CAI-oiled filter.
Alex Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #108
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pappas View Post
nice, tasteful modes bro but that stance?
No stance here but the suspension I picked up will lower the car a tad

Old 02-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #109
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

So today I tackled a long-overdue project: sport suspension. I got a complete set from Tyler so now I have a lightly used ZSP suspension in my car. Also put in a new battery since the old one was on its way out. The car is noticeably more nimble now which is great. The shocks and struts came out just fine without any issue. The only one that was a challenge was the driver's side front strut. There wasn't enough clearance with letting the kingpin fall and had to compress the spring to get the strut out.

Last edited by lllRazorlll; 02-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #110
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
just double checking, but you didn't install those RSM's into the car in that orientation did you?

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #111
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanr614 View Post
just double checking, but you didn't install those RSM's into the car in that orientation did you?
I did and realized that I did it incorrectly. Going to have to do that asap

Old 02-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #112
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

So I went to a local shop to get an alignment and they addressed my rear shock mounts. I was missing a couple of parts from when I assembled them and when they tried to use the Rogue Engineering mounts, they were still hearing noises. The shop replaced them with OEM E46 M3 rear shock mounts and how the car is solid and quiet.

Not sure what to say about this other than I am disappointed that these Rogue Engineering mounts were a waste of money especially since I can't return them. I will be selling them if anyone is interested since they only have about 25 miles on them.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #113
evanr614

Razor's Build Thread

interesting, i'm diagnosing some noises related to my springs and possibly my RSM's currently since i just switched around my spring setup. i'm thinking my tc kline mounts, which are pretty much exactly the same as the rogue mounts may be causing some clunking...

what parts were you missing?

Last edited by evanr614; 02-24-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #114
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
interesting, i'm diagnosing some noises related to my springs and possibly my RSM's currently since i just switched around my spring setup. i'm thinking my tc kline mounts, which are pretty much exactly the same as the rogue mounts may be causing some clunking...

what parts were you missing?
These jawns https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...kUEaAp4s8P8HAQ

I'm using the reinforcement plates from the Rogue Engineering mounts with my OEM RSMs so now all shocks & struts are good and have reinforcement plates

Old 02-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #115
evanr614

Quote:
These jawns https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...kUEaAp4s8P8HAQ

I'm using the reinforcement plates from the Rogue Engineering mounts with my OEM RSMs so now all shocks & struts are good and have reinforcement plates

ah those are just washers for the bumpstops. how you using the reinforcements from the rogue mounts with OE mounts?

Old 02-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #116
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
ah those are just washers for the bumpstops. how you using the reinforcements from the rogue mounts with OE mounts?

The plates are in the trunk. Everything else is factory spec

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Old 02-25-2017, 05:13 PM   #117
evanr614

Quote:
The plates are in the trunk. Everything else is factory spec

ahhh the tc kline plates are studs so you can remove the shocks without going into the trunk. i thought the rogue ones were the same

Old 02-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #118
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
ahhh the tc kline plates are studs so you can remove the shocks without going into the trunk. i thought the rogue ones were the same

Their instructions say to go through the wheel wells too

Old 04-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #119
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Just a minor update: I replaced the driver's door window regulator since it went out. That's two regulators in about six years, so not bad considering I also open every window every day in the summer months. They were also on the driver's side of the car which is ironic. I also had an oil change and sent in a sample to Blackstone labs. What they sent back was somewhat worrying but I have been hearing opinions on both ends of the spectrum. I will go ahead and submit another oil sample after 5,000 miles have passed and see how that comes out. I also changed the AC tensioner pulley since that was the last pulley I had to replace on my list.

I am currently in the process of chasing a vacuum leak(s). I set up a makeshift smoke machine and I have come to the conclusion that the leak is somewhere behind the engine. Jfoj has given me some pointers where to start so I will be working on that after I graduate school in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by lllRazorlll; 04-22-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #120
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

New fuel filter and brakes. I went with Zimmerman rotors, Textar pads, and ATE brake fluid.

Having style 68s makes me wish I had a 330